Ramona Grasslands Preserve Trail

Ramona Grasslands Preserve Trail is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ramona, California. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very beautiful area but definitely a morning hike! Even at the end of November, it was incredibly hot as we approached 10 am. (85F) Very little shade given it's grassland, but just enough to keep us comfortable. The pups enjoyed themselves. Would not bring unstable dogs as we saw coyotes right off the path. Horses and cows were also present. Overall, glad we went but won't be coming again. Too many trails to see, not enough time!

This hike is not that easy!! I took my overweight friend with me thinking it would be an “easy” 3 miles for her, as we walk a lot together , but over 60% of this hike is on varying degrees of uphill grades, which made this hike VERY challenging for her. We had to rest about 20x on the 2nd half of the hike so she could catch her breath. Add in that there is nowhere to sit-down and zero shade at all on the majority of this hike and I got to say it was beyond challenging for her. It is gorgeous out there and there are very few people on the trail which is a welcomed relief!! My only complaint about this is that it’s rated easy, and the 3 plus mile loop I would consider intermediate!

Great trail, lightly traveled.

pretty trail! just enough variation that it wasn't flat. occasional shade.

easy hike and beautiful views!