Rainbow Basin Slot Canyon is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Barstow, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from November until May.

Too bad you can’t park the car earlier and go the dirt road by food to view all this beautiful scenery! Reminded me of Death Valley.

Jolie promenade assez facile dans le désert. Le canyon n'est pas indiqué (quelques kairns en contrebas du sentier principal mais aucun panneau) et vous l'avons manqué faute de bien surveiller le GPS. Pas très grave, la balade est très sympa néanmoins. Les couleurs sont irréelles et les formations rocheuses surprenantes. Paysage un peu lunaire. Attention, il fait très chaud.

We hiked this trial with 4 kids ages 4-6 and 3 adults. Just watch your step because it is very rocky and the tiny rocks can make it slick. I would recommend hiking shoes with better grip but I did do this in my sneakers okay. Each kid had their own camelbak of water and it was a great adventure! We stopped a few times in the shade spots (not many) to eat snacks also. A terrific place to visit with kids if you are looking for ideas. May be too easy for a regular adult hiker but the views are worth it.
ALSO! directions end too soon as to where the trailhead begins. Keep going until you see a DISTINCT parking area on your right. That is where this trial begins.

Great short hike on a crystal blue February. Highly recommend for the great rock formations. Disney has to have this place in mind when they developed the Cars moving and ride. #LiveLoveWanderTribe

Nice quick hike. Stay left and you get to go through a slot with a good sized cave. with a steep dry waterfall at the end. The slot canyons on the right are impressive but require some climbing to get into. I scrambled up the first 8-10 ft. ledge only to find another steeper section with less foot/hand holds. To sketchy in my opinion to go further without gear. On the hike up the canyon we stayed to the right and then took the left fork on the way back. (Right turn since we were headed in the opposite direction).