Rae Lakes Loop

Rae Lakes Loop is a 38 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kanawyers, California that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for camping and backpacking and is best used from July until October.

Plan a 3 day hike unless you are confident to hike up to 20 miles a day with a backpack. Bring a water-filter. You'll have access to the water (creek along the trail and lakes close to campgrounds).

First backpacking trip was amazing at this loop. Spectacular views, river crossings, and suspension bridges. just be prepared for any weather at any time!

Fun times. Glen pass ain't bad at all!!!

Fantastic loop. Especially at Rae Lakes and the campsites before and after your night at Rae Lakes. Spectacular views. It will make you sweat and work for it but well worth it!

Most incredible hike of my life. The scenery is just incredible.

We did the hike in 4 days / 3 nights (10 miles per day). The hike is strenuous. If you want to spend a day chilling by the lakes, I recommend 5 days.

Only down side was mosquitos - they were extremely dense and biting. I recommend head nets and thick clothes so you don't get eaten alive!

Most amazing views... vast Valley scenes to walking thru lush Meadows. The lakes were absolutely amazing, we stayed at Arrow head lake b4 proceeding over the pass. Not a super rigorous hike overall and well worth it for the views. we did the trip in 4 days which made it quite easy going, 1 of the days we spent entirely at the lakes. been on several trips and this by far was the best experience for me.

My friend and I, did this trail the late autumn just before a snow has covered all this area. We squeezed this trail in 2 days and that pretty intense for us. We walked from sunrise to sunset with short breaks on the trail. I'd say, splitting it on 3 days would be better and give more time to enjoy the beautiful landscapes. Believe me, they are gorgeous there.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016