Quicksilver Trail

moderate 1467 reviews

Quicksilver Trail is a 4.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near San Jose, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.9 miles Elevation Gain: 767 feet Route Type: Loop

Trail follows the Senador Mine trail and connects with the Guadalupe Trail for great views of the Guadalupe Reservoir

Exactly what we were looking for- moderate intensity, easy parking, easy to navigate, beautiful greenery (thanks to the seasons rains) and returned back to the car in two hours. Alltrails led us right to the trailhead where parking in the neighborhood community is easy. Moderate hilly. Packed a lunch but didn’t need it. Would definitely recommend given the convenience and relatability. Also we went between 12:20-2:20 and there was ample shade. At least 40%

Great trail!

It has some shades. Nice hikes

“There was too many hills but everything else was good” - 12 year old son

Pretty, but not spectacular. I would recommend this hike if you just want to get outdoors for the day with your pup, but I wouldn’t travel too far to take this hike.

great hill climbs. level in many places. beautiful and private. yet youre not alone!

great hike for new hikers !

A lot of ticks at this time of the year. be aware of rattle snakes

January 11th 2020, partially cloudy, 58F, started 12 PM. Signs are pretty poorly done, but the trails are easy to follow with map. Happy to be able to bring my dog. Parking is in a neighborhood; it’s pretty awkward to park outside of someone’s yard while they are doing yardwork. Pretty hills that were green from recent rains.

I highly recommend this trail. It was fairly easy, peaceful, and not too busy during the time I went (Sunday late afternoon). About 3 miles into the trail there is a large tree that has fallen over blocking the path. I had to hop over it and couldn’t go under due to my height. Nonetheless, I had a very pleasant saunter.

New favorite for low-key easy hiking. There is a downed tree right now that might be tough for some to pass

Great trail, easy to get lost without this map. Wyd nice shaded hike.

Beautiful, but my dog got a dozen ticks

Lots of ticks this time of year.

A pretty long but not steep loop. You can see lots of trees, the valley, and a water reservoir. We did walk really fast, and it took us about 3 hours. A good trail for running too.

Very beautiful trail!! Heavily populated today (Saturday) a little muddy in some spots but for the most part it’s a pretty smooth trail. Oh and parking is very limited at the McAbee entrance.