Quicksilver Trail

Quicksilver Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Jose, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail follows the Senador Mine trail and connects with the Guadalupe Trail for great views of the Guadalupe Reservoir

good hiking trail for the beginners.

Some of these reviews cannot be referring to this particular loop. I have hiked and run on these trails for more than 20 years and know them well.
It's not long and flat: The first uphill and the one just before the reservoir are moderately challenging climbs.
There is not a lot of shade. A lot of this trail is exposed and can be dry and hot in the summer. It's prettiest in the spring when everything is green and there are wildflowers. And if you go early in the morning or around dusk, you're likely to see some kind of wildlife.

Great hike, lots of dogs, enough hills to get a decent workout. Surprising with so many dogs on the trail that there is only one trash can at the very beginning of trail.

Favorite go-to hike. Gets hot in the summer months but there is quite a bit of shade along the way with some nice breezes. Beautiful scenery and lots of wildlife can be seen on this trail too. The first hill is a killer, then easy to moderate thereafter.

Good loop trail for those seeking a bit of exercise or for hikers looking to get tuned up after winter. Outside of the first mile it's an easy stroll although in the middle of summer you probably want to start early as it get's unbearably hot mid-day.

My favorite trail, been doing this trail 2x a week for over a year and periodically for over 10 years. It’s moderately challenging, has a very steep hill at the beginning, it’s a killer for first timers. This is the hardest part of the hike. It takes about 1 1/2 hours at a moderate pace. We usually do this loop between an hour and hour and 1/2 depending if we feel like running.

It’s is also very sunny and hot on this hill in the summer. The trail is mostly sunny with a few tree canopies that provide much needed shade. There are a few path variations on the trail to make the hike shorter or longer.

Beautiful flowers in the spring. A lot of wildlife in the evenings near dusk. I have seen a bobcat 2x, mountain lion, a boar, scorpion, many, many deer and wild turkeys. During the day, few wildlife sightings.

Beatiful

I was a little underwhelmed by this trail. It’s really long and flat. The scenery is fairly consistent. I dunno, just felt a bit boring.

HACIENDA TRAIL is great- Just difficult enough but mainly a good hike! Combination of sunny and shade! Did get warned about a rattle snake sighting but just keep eyes and ears open.

Lots of pretty wild flowers right now. Hiking is along a dirt road. Lots of branching paths make choosing different lengths easy.

Good for hiking

Semi challenging hike with some hills, but nothing too intense. Mostly shaded and dog friendly. Will have to park in the residential area, however parking was not too hard to find. Trail signs could have been a little better, but if you follow the crowd you should be good.

Nice hike spot with ample parking.

This has become my favorite trail the blaze whether rain, hail or shine

Good

Great views and lovely wildlife.
That said, be careful what path you choose. I read the description on this site and thought there was only a loop trail here.l and about 5 miles. Now I don’t know if the mine hill trail is a loop because we had to turn around after a little over a 1.5 hours. Total walk was just over 3 hours and 7 miles. We turned around because it was the sun was setting. Getting back was not that difficult since luckily most of it was down hill and even in the dark, it was not difficult. I will definitely be back, I will just do a little research on what trails are there before I go hiking again (which I should have done anyway, but I was just anxious to go hike somewhere beautiful)

Love the historical aspect of Almaden Quicksilver County Park! Very interesting past as a mercury mining operation with structures, mining equipment and mine tailings to view on your hike. We started from the trailhead at New Almaden and it was a little steep going up for about a mile after you leave the parking lot. There was fog when we first arrived and it's a very heavily trafficked park but I definitely want to go back and explore more of the trails. I was pleasantly suprised with this "city" park.

A fine view or two, but this one leans heavily on the "family friendly" side; tons of traffic, paved and flat. Would make for a quality & safe trail run, but I like a little more adventure than this.

Love this trail.

Was a great trail to take our daughter. Nice little hills and a good hike to the river.

Great trail with plenty of shade. Just watch out for parking for it is very limited since it’s in a neighborhood.

Very easy to get to from San Jose. Lots of residential street parking at trail head. Easier end of moderate, with a good mix of uphill and down hill. Busy trail, but not too crowded for Bay Area. View is OK, with a river and a reservoir/lake along the way. Watch out for both dog and human feces.

Great trail. It took me 2 hours to complete. There is a porta potty at the trailhead. The south bay can get really hot so I like this trail for the spring/winter or early morning in the summers. It's nicely shaded for about half the route.

Love this trail!

It was great trail. We arrived there on 4:15pm and we finished the loop around 6:00pm. We were excited when we walk half way, but later when the sun set, we scared. we saw un identified wild animal crossed our road ahead, and the rest 30min became so scary since there is no light...it was dark. Guys do not start walking late afternoon to finish the loop to avoid walking at night.

My favorite trail near San Jose. 10 mind uphill, then 40 mins of flat/up/down alternating, then 10 mins down again. Good balance of sun (about 1/3) and shade (about 2/3). Several trail route variations. Dog friendly.

Awesome trails with beautiful views and wildlife. Good workout.

beautiful trail with lots of shades.

Very fun, hard uphill though!