Quicksilver Trail

Quicksilver Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Jose, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail follows the Senador Mine trail and connects with the Guadalupe Trail for great views of the Guadalupe Reservoir

Great views and lovely wildlife.
That said, be careful what path you choose. I read the description on this site and thought there was only a loop trail here.l and about 5 miles. Now I don’t know if the mine hill trail is a loop because we had to turn around after a little over a 1.5 hours. Total walk was just over 3 hours and 7 miles. We turned around because it was the sun was setting. Getting back was not that difficult since luckily most of it was down hill and even in the dark, it was not difficult. I will definitely be back, I will just do a little research on what trails are there before I go hiking again (which I should have done anyway, but I was just anxious to go hike somewhere beautiful)

Love the historical aspect of Almaden Quicksilver County Park! Very interesting past as a mercury mining operation with structures, mining equipment and mine tailings to view on your hike. We started from the trailhead at New Almaden and it was a little steep going up for about a mile after you leave the parking lot. There was fog when we first arrived and it's a very heavily trafficked park but I definitely want to go back and explore more of the trails. I was pleasantly suprised with this "city" park.

A fine view or two, but this one leans heavily on the "family friendly" side; tons of traffic, paved and flat. Would make for a quality & safe trail run, but I like a little more adventure than this.

Love this trail.

Was a great trail to take our daughter. Nice little hills and a good hike to the river.

Great trail with plenty of shade. Just watch out for parking for it is very limited since it’s in a neighborhood.

Very easy to get to from San Jose. Lots of residential street parking at trail head. Easier end of moderate, with a good mix of uphill and down hill. Busy trail, but not too crowded for Bay Area. View is OK, with a river and a reservoir/lake along the way. Watch out for both dog and human feces.

Great trail. It took me 2 hours to complete. There is a porta potty at the trailhead. The south bay can get really hot so I like this trail for the spring/winter or early morning in the summers. It's nicely shaded for about half the route.

Love this trail!

It was great trail. We arrived there on 4:15pm and we finished the loop around 6:00pm. We were excited when we walk half way, but later when the sun set, we scared. we saw un identified wild animal crossed our road ahead, and the rest 30min became so scary since there is no light...it was dark. Guys do not start walking late afternoon to finish the loop to avoid walking at night.

My favorite trail near San Jose. 10 mind uphill, then 40 mins of flat/up/down alternating, then 10 mins down again. Good balance of sun (about 1/3) and shade (about 2/3). Several trail route variations. Dog friendly.

Awesome trails with beautiful views and wildlife. Good workout.

beautiful trail with lots of shades.

Very fun, hard uphill though!

Really good for trail running. Inclines are challenging but not over the top with enough flat areas and declines to keep you going. Trails are well maintained with good visibility. Not to mention the old mines and the reservoir are pretty cool.

Good trail for a run. It can get very muddy in parts after a rain and there's not much shade in the hotter times of year. Best times to be out here are fall and spring.

Great for exercise, but not a very interesting trail.

Good hike, my 8 year old enjoys too.

Enjoyed having some shade and beautiful views!