Quarry & Park Ridge Loop Trail

Quarry & Park Ridge Loop Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Morro Bay, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

One of the first trails I ever hiked in SLO county. Moderate inclines and great views once you get up high enough. Would be a great place to mountain bike, walk dogs or just hike. Loop is fairly long so bring lots of water. There's even a spot where you can rock climb and classes are offered. Right next to the Estuary so it's fairly cool, with occasional dog if you're out there during certain times of the year. Overall a cool hike and recommend it to all age groups.

Good for young mountain bikers. Go left first if biking. You get most of the climbing out of the way early then have some nice, not too rapid descents for most of the rest of the loop around the hill. We didn't do the out and back extension.

This trail is okay. It's got a lot of different connecting trails so you can do something different each time. There's just no epic high point nor stunning view.

Also, my wife and I have seen a snake both times we've been there. So, there's a 100% chance you'll see one as well!

Stunning!!!!

Saturday, July 23, 2016

I ended up taking my 2 year old son with me on this hike, so I was limited on where I could go, but still made it to the Quarry. The inclines aren't too terribly difficult, so long as you aren't trying to climb the nearby mountainside. The views of the Estuary were pretty and the fog ended up creeping when I made my way back. Definitely going solo next time and bringing my downhill mountain bike.

Monday, March 23, 2015

Great hike. Interesting rock formations along the way. Use mosquito spray on your head, neck, uncovered legs and ankles. All is well with the sun up high above. Once the sun begins to set the mosquito's come out like nobody's business. I hadn't been attacked like that since I was a kid. Must be due to the bay and creeks in the immediate area. Enjoy.

Monday, March 16, 2015

Thursday, February 05, 2015

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Sunday, November 09, 2014

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Friday, May 17, 2013

Monday, July 09, 2012

An enjoyable trail. Pretty views, trails are in nice condition. The trails are well marked, but there are trail changes to complete the loop so you do need a map or directions.