Quarry Park Loop Trail

Quarry Park Loop Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Miramar, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

If it were my backyard, I’d take advantage, but not worth trekking to. TONS of poison oak.

Nice gradual climb in a forest setting; wide trail with some single track excursions, watch out for the poison oak

Not a stroll. Up and down, and need gps to find right loop turns.

Path gets narrow at the top and there is poison oak. Very pretty and the frontside is a nice little workout going up through the eucalyptus trees.

A beautiful, quiet trail with many different personalities and no shortage of challenge. Some sections are flat, wide, and open, while others are narrow, rugged, and hilly. Overall, an excellent and pleasantly unpredictable hike that won’t leave you feeling like you need to go to the gym later. Those hills will get ya...

Rode my Ebike on the trail today - it is REALLY not well marked at all! I ended up on a couple of dead ends... but I will definitely go again!

Nice trails , lots of uphill .Cool View from the lookout platform .... Trails are not marked well so bring your GPS !! Overall wonderful hike with lots of banana slugs so watch your step

Beautiful scenery and just the perfect amount of incline. Would highly recommend for dog owners.

Gorgeous trail with lots of variety. Poorly marked, so bring your phone. Don't miss the harbor view lookout spot.

Not many signs to guide the trail but the app took care of that. It was a beautiful hike

Very seldom used trail since it is uphill. Dog friendly and bike friendly. The view at the top is beautiful. Highly recommend this hike.

Took my dog today for a long hike. Thanks to previous reviews I expected to take wrong turns (we only encountered one sign on whole hike) and we did lose the mapped trail several times, taking us through unexpected but pretty side-trails. Thanks to great reception on all parts of the park we just wandered wherever the side-trails took us and mapped our way back when we were ready to go home. Very lightly trafficked; we only ran into a few other people with well-behaved off-leash dogs, a couple mountain bikers, and a big family. Great afternoon hike.

Wide trails with very light traffic. Unfortunately, there are many forks with no signs. We also saw two snakes on the trail and there was a surprise labyrinth- very cool.

Beautiful trail and scent of eucalyptus over the entire trail. Unfortunately the trails are not marked. Have a gps ready to see the trails online if you don't have the time to explore all the paths.

Awesome trail full of eucalyptus and incline.

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

no trail markers but had reception the whole time

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Beautiful views all the way up the summit and back. The only reason I rated it 4 stars is because some parts of the trail (near the summit) are not well maintained. As others have mentioned, I'd recommend starting counter clockwise since it's very steep on the way back coming down. Took a 30lb pack to practice w/ as well.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Had to cut it short for the dog, but it was a beautiful hike. I would recommend having sun protection and a map. I'll definitely be hiking this trail again!

Thursday, July 06, 2017

A nice hike through a forest of eucalyptus, the trees smell amazing. Nearly the whole trail is shaded. Saw an owl right next to the trail, and only saw a couple of other hikers. The scenery is a little one-note, & this trail gets very, very narrow for about 1/4 of a mile in the middle. I was very nervous about snakes during that part. Many connecting trails in this park, so it would be easy to customize the route.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Wide clear trails and not very busy when I go after work. Good spot to get in quick hikes during the week.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Lovely views and shaded trails.

Friday, April 07, 2017

Nice trails and shade, and not crowded - poison oak off trail!!

Saturday, March 18, 2017

It is a nice short hike to experience the nature. Only take an hour and half so it is perfect to start your weekend mornings.

Monday, February 13, 2017

I really enjoyed this hike. Lots of trees and lots of mud. It had some steep inclines and declines. Several times I missed a turn or just randomly picked a path because of the lack of signs. On one occasion I had to actually double back. There was no real look out point or place. I had a great hike. Rating it a 3 due to lack of signs and lack of view point. Aside that it was awesome.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A nice little local park with some trails and a few really good viewpoints of the ocean. Parts of it go through a large eucalyptus grove and other forest.

recorded quarry park