Quail Loop Trail

Quail Loop Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Irvine, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Loved this trail! Pretty empty on a cold day!

It’s not 1.8 mike hiking. I did 6 miles. You might need to upgrade to access the map in case you get lost. Hiking in the morning feels awesome!

This trail is great, very clear path, easy enough with one section that is steeper than the rest (up or down, depending on which direction you walk). We went right at the trailhead, so the steep portion was almost the last thing we did. It was uphill but no problem for my 4-year-old. Only negative was that this isn’t an amazing view, it’s just a loop back in the hills.

It was okay. Plan accordingly. There is no shade. Will probably do again, but not on a hot day.

Great warm up run for those that want a nice jog. This place leads to other trails too so once you finish the loop you have other options leading out of there. But overall gentle slopes but mostly flat. Its kind of plains as far as the eye can see kind of look. Until you see the freeway anyway.
Its a good 2 mile jog, no cover for shade so go early! I found the occasional garden snake or lizard slithering by while I ran. But I'd recommend it for a run.

Easy trail with enough elevation at one end to get your heart rate up. In June, this trail is rather brown instead of green. Since there is no shade at all, I took my kids at 6:30 am to avoid the heat of the day. It was overcast when we went but if the sun had been out, even at that early hour, we would have needed hats. Overall, this is a great trail for a family hike. I will definitely do this one again and again

Well cared for trail. No cliffs, nice and smooth. Great surface for wearing down my 3 year old. :-) No shade anywhere on the trail, so bring your sunblock.

Great convenient nature spot for running! Or just walking and enjoying the scenery. I have witnessed gorgeous sunsets here, too. Parking lot is nice & ample. Freeway noise isn't bad in my humble opinion ☺️

Loved the hike. Took our dog along and it was a good enough hike to tire her out. We will be back!

Short trail, too skinny for my liking at times, but very peaceful.

Very short, easy walk with the dog. We only did one lap due to times constraints, but it's definitely beautiful with the hills being so green! Kind of a one-and-done trail personally for me

It's a good little jaunt to do after work when you don't have a lot of time. I wouldn't call it a hike by any means.

Friday, February 24, 2017

This is a great lunch time from the office walk.
The sign says follow the loop going to the right but after doing the loop a couple times I recommend going to the left at the sign. That way you start with the uphill climb, get to enjoy the nice view at the top and then the rest of the hike is a gradual slope downhill.
It just rained a lot recently and so right now everything is lush and green and beautiful but not too muddy which was nice

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Beautiful and green right now! My dog loved it!

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Good for a short walk on my lunch break. Freeway traffic on one side of the loop but the top peak is a pretty view of Orange County. Nice when it's green after the rain. Nice you can bring the dog

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

It was more of an out and back than a loop but it was very pretty. 4 stars since I could take my dogs.

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

An easy, mostly level loop trail through a meadow. One large hill. Stroller-friendly, albeit a bit bumpy.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Saturday, September 03, 2016

The trail is great for a quick walk which will increase your heart rate with the incline (well at least my heart rate increased). The Vista point is a nice quiet spot (unfortunately for the 405). It doesn't appear too busy either.