Pyles Peak Trail

Pyles Peak Trail is a 7.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near San Diego, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

11 minutes ago

You have to climb Cowles Mountain first which is plagued with visitors. But once you pass the summit and continue on the Pyles Peak Trail, there is significantly less people and is much nicer. The trail is very rocky so make sure you are wearing comfortable and sturdy shoes.

a real workout!

I climbed the mountain this past weekend! However, I didn't realize it was connect to another mountain range. My joy came when I noticed how it was just a few people I passed on this trail. My goal is to climb as many fun loving mountains as I can until...mane ole I'm enjoying myself!

Good trail, but watch out for snakes! It was a great but or respite from the over crowded Cowles mtn. Finished the5 peak challenge here, fun accomplishment!!!

Great workout! We took the barker trailhead.

Fun quick little hike this morning.

cowles has a better view (which you go to first) but this one has less people and the trail is pretty cool