Purisima Creek and Whittemore Gulch Loop Trails is a 9.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Grabtown, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Like being in the Sierra’s in our back yard.

Love Purisma Creek. Majestic redwood gulches

Just beautiful!!!

Lovely hidden gem of a trail in the Bay Area

love this place.

Would actually consider this just a moderate hike. Nothing technical. Also, I would suggest finding a trail linking the two trails listed and skip Skyline.

Sunday, October 08, 2017

We just did Purisma Creek Loop and it was great. Very flat and slow incline, which is good because we have bad knees. Great redwoods and was very quiet, not a lot of other hikers on a Saturday morn. Would highly recommend if looking for not steep inclines thru redwoods.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Hi, anyone have any comment about parking around Purisima Creek Rd? we are a large group and need to park 20 or more cars..

Sunday, July 23, 2017

For Noobs!
This is.a BEAUTIFUL hike! BUT if you are not looking for a MONSTER steep hill workout then please Do Not take the trial from Northridge to Whittmore Gulch UP Harkins Ridge! This is VERY Steep and challenging for the new/average hiker. IF you are a pro and want an AWESOME challenge this is the hill workout for you!
Regina

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

I loved this trail. There were giant redwoods, ferns, butterflies, tons of shade, and a good variety of easy and tough trail terrain.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

1/3 of this loop is road hiking along Skyline Blvd. My advice is to look at the map and take other trails before getting to Skyline. Other people's recordings show alternate routes.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

One of the best trails around. It's a bit hard and steep at some places. You will be able to see the Pacific Ocean at some points but the closeness to nature is what I like about this trail. There's no phone signal at most part of the trail but that's good.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

This was the last training hike I took my friend Guy on before we went to Zion National Park. The top of Purisima Creek is pretty steep and the trails down are at times a very steep descent so it's a pretty good leg and knee workout and he passed the test and we went to Zion about a week later. I was blessed to live in the area for many years and for three, besides the beaches, Purisima was my go to for climbs, views and miles. The only downsides to this hike was doing Skyline (but Skyline is beautiful too) and missing that great single track in the middle of the park...

Sunday, October 15, 2017