Purisima Creek and Whittemore Gulch Loop Trails

Purisima Creek and Whittemore Gulch Loop Trails is a 9.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Grabtown, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

33 minutes ago

1/3 of this loop is road hiking along Skyline Blvd. My advice is to look at the map and take other trails before getting to Skyline. Other people's recordings show alternate routes.

One of the best trails around. It's a bit hard and steep at some places. You will be able to see the Pacific Ocean at some points but the closeness to nature is what I like about this trail. There's no phone signal at most part of the trail but that's good.

This was the last training hike I took my friend Guy on before we went to Zion National Park. The top of Purisima Creek is pretty steep and the trails down are at times a very steep descent so it's a pretty good leg and knee workout and he passed the test and we went to Zion about a week later. I was blessed to live in the area for many years and for three, besides the beaches, Purisima was my go to for climbs, views and miles. The only downsides to this hike was doing Skyline (but Skyline is beautiful too) and missing that great single track in the middle of the park...