Punta Mesa Loop Trail

Punta Mesa Loop Trail is a 7.2 mile loop trail located near Murrieta, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Fortune favors the early bird. Beautiful spring landscapes. Not as many wildflowers in March as one might expect--but really lovely old oak trees and wildlife. Sun exposure is serious, so wear a good hat and avoid midday walks if you're sensitive to direct sunlight. Rejoice in some splendid shaded sections. On the easier side in terms of difficulty, but moderate if you take the long outter routes.

Really nice hike on the Santa Rosa Plateau. We deviated from the shown route by taking the west loop out of parking and going the other way around the Adobe historic area...added about 0.3 miles to the trip. Make sure you bring water. The far route on the actual Punte Mesa trail was a dream...especially at 8am...so quiet and still shaded. Highly recommend...but not in the high heat.

Monday, August 29, 2016

amazing trail..this is a must

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Very pretty trail. I highly recommend it. I went in the summer time (early morning) and it was pretty, but I think it would be spectacular in the spring. I'll be back.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Absolutely gorgeous! Tons of green grass and California poppies. March hike. I would do this everyday!

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Friday, January 01, 2016

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Beautiful old California trail - we walked on an overcast, lightly raining day and the coyotes and birds were out and about! The park itself is part of the Santa Rosa Ecological reserve and there are dozens of trails ranging from a half mile to 8+ miles if you link them all together. Excellent easy to moderate, family friendly hike.

Thursday, November 05, 2015

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

I hike at the Santa Rosa Plateau every week and this is my absolute favorite trail on the plateau! It has gorgeous views, especially in the spring time. This trail takes you out the farthest into "the middle of nowhere" that you can get with the hiking trails on the plateau and I highly recommend it for those who want to really get into the wilderness. Each time I have hiked the trail I haven't seen another soul. If you are hiking it in the summer, beware, because it is a long trail and parts of it are hot with only a little shade. I highly recommend this trail!

Saturday, August 17, 2013