Pumpkin Rock Trail

Pumpkin Rock Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Norco, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

6 year old was able to do this with no issues. Some steep & narrow places.

Lived in the area and this was my go to hike. Explored the connected trails too. Usually don't run into many other hikers, until the rock.

Good for families

Hiked and have rode my horse up this. Cool views of the IE but PLEASE stop graffitiing the pumpkin and leaving your trash there. Glass can Injure the animals

Decent suburban trail - clean and well marked. We parked in the equestrian center lot (Ingalls Park) and made our way up from there. We huffed and puffed a bit at the beginning and end, but everyone, dogs and kids included, made it to the top. Disappointed, but not surprised by all the obscenity-laden, spray painted boulders at the top...lots of folks in the I.E. with no respect for the beauty of the unadulterated environment. Bring lots of water as there's little shade.

Great trail my kids love it! Just make sure to wear proper shoes..

Such a great hike, took my 3 1/2 year old grandson, we parked at the playground and hiked to pumpkin, 2 miles round trip. Worth the extra hike to see the horse sculptures. The last part up to face of pumpkin is steep, but he was able to do no problem.

I’m a hiking noob so this was perfect for me and my 2 kids. We took our time, enjoyed the walk and times spent together. I’d definitely spray my kids with bug spray or something before going next time but other than that it was fun. Be careful with the broken glass everywhere and if ur a parent who gets offended easily be aware the graffiti has profanity. My kids read it and after the initial chuckle they forgot about it. Also be sure u have plenty of water.

Easy trail my kids love it

I think it would be more fun to go the month of October. You get some pretty good views in all directions from the top of the hill and a good photo op with the the "pumpkin head". It was a short hike of about 2.5 miles and there is no shade. There is a strong odor of horses coming from the nearby neighbor. It is located near a golf course and a housing complex, so if you are looking for an escape from civilization, this hike is not for you.

Went on a Sunday morning, gets steep in the beginning but very manageable. There are some soft sandy areas, great view of Norco at the top.

A little steep but not too bad. Watch for horse poop. Leave no trace

I believe this is perfect for people who are just starting out on outdoor activities. Took our small dog and he seemed to love it! Make sure to wear some good shoes since there are points where flat shoes such as vans might not be strong enough of a grip. The view is amazing, very therapeutic.

This is a fairly easy trail unless you hike up towards the front of the pumpkin. Pretty steep inclines. Hard uneven dirt so be sure to wear proper shoes. I like this trail and would come back again :)

Very steep. In and out 3,500 steps

Fun hike with the kids!

Love Pumpkin Rock! Quick easily accessible hike. Parking and bathrooms are located at Pikes Peak Park.

I loved the pumpkin!!!!!!

pretty easy fun trail to do in Halloween

Short and easy hike!

Easy trail for beginners

short easy hike. good starting point for venturing in either direction across the ridge.

fun trail! took my little one, teen, and dog... great incline, and fun pics at the end

Nice hike. Dog friendly. A little steeper in parts than I expected, but a good work out.

This Is a great little place to take your kids. I took my son and he was amazed by the huge pumpkin! I do suggest for the little ones a hat and some sunblock. The only shade that’s there if from the rock which is at the top!

Easy, little bit steep at certain parts of the trail but cool view once you get to the top. Be careful with glass that’s up near the pumpkin!

The trail itself is boring, but worth it for the photo op with the huge pumpkin

Fun hike! Great views to enjoy by the pumpkin rock when you get to the top!

Super easy, short but steep! I brought my little dogs and had to pick them up near the end because a coyote was dangerously near. Luckily two people on horses scared it off for me. I didn't expect to see a coyote at 1:40 in the afternoon but I did and probably won't bring the little ones again by myself because it was a scary situation.