Proctor Valley Road Trail is a 7.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Chula Vista, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.9 miles Elevation Gain: 393 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Amazing trail but go earlier in the day- it gets hot!

ohv/off road driving

I took my new truck here to check it out. It's a short ride that ends next to Jamul Casino. It's a dirt road with some loose rocks but any car can do it. (I came across a small 2 door car that was finishing the short ride that I was about to make) I don't regret the drive, being new and off the main road, but I don't see any need to return until the flowers that others have mentioned start to bloom.

Nice fun early morning ride with my Boy Scout especially good as one of the Scout required lengths in pursuit of a merit badge. Bumpy, hilly, and bridge still in good shape.

Sun Mar 24 2019

Very green with lots of flowers

Sun Mar 10 2019

WHAT. A. VIEW! Once you’re on top, there is an amazing view. Perfect place for meditation. Loved it!

Wed Nov 07 2018

Easy Good trail.. but definitely coming back here.. a lot of trail to explore

Wed Jul 11 2018

does anyone know if you can get cell reception out there so I coordinate my way out if I needed to or is it just one road in and out?

Sat Mar 10 2018

I was not very impressed with this trail. My dogs enjoyed chasing some rabbits but other than that it was more of nature walk with views of peoples homes.

Tue Nov 07 2017

love it!

Mon Sep 04 2017

You need to park a 1/2 mile before the marked start/stop at the small trailhead lot.

Sat Apr 29 2017

Surprisingly beautiful

Wed Apr 05 2017

Fri Nov 25 2016

I went there yesterday and did the loop all The way up and down vía otay lakes road . Went trail running. Great exercise!, 10 mile loop starting form proctor valley trailhead. Then again, doing the loop i would rate it as hard due the steep climbs and the difficult and slippery descents. The map showing the trail in this app does not get to the flags shown on the pictures by fellow hikers. Go there early as it gets really warm after 9 am.

Tue Sep 06 2016

Great morning hike

Sat Aug 13 2016

this trail is incorrectly rated. It should be rated as Hard. We hiked 3.5 files in, so 7.0 miles roundtrip. mostly uphill to start. 1800 foot elevation change. great hike. lots of rocks on the trail. be prepared.

ohv/off road driving
Mon Aug 26 2013

Very flat but still enjoyed the mountain scene