Prairie Creek Redwoods Walk

Prairie Creek Redwoods Walk is a 5.5 mile out and back trail located near Orick, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for walking, camping, and birding.

Easy, quick hike. Absolutely beautiful - like a magical fairyland walking through the redwoods.

So far, and by far, my least favorite trail in the park. There were no Elk in the meadow either. That would have made it much better. The only saving grace is the creek itself. This is definitely a one and done. Unfortunately I have to use pieces of it as connectors to other trails that are excellent.

Amazing trees with lush growth on a very good trail. Everything perfect for a great hike

Serene dirt mountain road drive in. Beautiful sandy beach. Fern canyon is the best hiking trail ever.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Just an amazing place all around. Seeing all the elk while driving in was breathtaking. I end up hiking "Zig-Zag" trail almost every time I go up there, but ANY trail is just as good. Make sure you check the difficulty on the map first tho, some trails get pretty serious. I spent Christmas Day at Big Tree with my friend and it was an amazing day. Had the entire park to ourselves even!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

we hiked 1.4 miles of this trail to the Big Tree...then onto The Cathedral Treees Trail....so peaceful....an easy trail portion...perfect for a quick outing. wheelchair accessible on this section of the trail...no cell reception so couldnt check in. and didnt know to record my trip. ugh

Tuesday, October 13, 2015