Powder Canyon Loop Trail

Powder Canyon Loop Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near La Habra, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

its a great hike, though the trail got a little confusing towards the end. its a bit more than moderate, though mot too difficult. great inclines.

Really loved the view at the top!

Beautiful trail. Not crowded. Harder than moderate if you are out of shape! Lots of side paths if you want to explore. Parking on street or there is a (free I’m pretty sure) lot further up.

Beautiful trail with some steep inclines you can hike a lot or adjust the distance as you are going because theres many paths interconnecting. We did the whole 6 miles with our 1yr old pup and it was a good workout.

The downfall:( my dog contracted a TICK for the first time!!!there are long grasses and plants and also passed a section where there were horses.....so if you take your dogs be careful. Spray some anti-flea/tick on ur pets before going to the park. Definitely check your pets specially if they have long hair.

Just in case: this was the most helpful in removing engorged ticks and it truly worked:

wear gloves and apply alcohol on ur dogs spot after removal and follow with antiseptic ointment.

Anyways, I would probably go back because it was a great trail with beautiful views, 2 parking areas, one by a park and other following a dirt road(all trails map took us past both parking spots and we had to go back so keep ur eyes open for a wood sign)and ease of access. Overall, recommend this trail. Happy Hiking:)

Nice moderate hike. Completed the hike in 2.5 hours with my small dog. It’s a great hike to do in the morning, it is exposed starting mid-day. Similarly to others here, I parked in the parking lot off of Fullerton Rd. It fits about 25 vehicles and there were about 5 spots when we arrived at 8:30am. There is also a port-a-potty in the parking lot, which is nice (disclaimer: someone took a giant dump outside of the toilet on a corner of the port-a-potty, ew.)

Looks like a part of the area is in the process of being restored. There was a water system that I think is there to help with the growth. I’m assuming that this area was affected by the fires last summer.

There are so many trails to choose from! I stuck with the path laid out by AllTrails however you can go on for longer than 6 miles if it strikes your fancy. I followed the trail by recording my hike in this app.

Overall, it was a nice way to spend my morning. I will definitely come back in the spring or fall.

c'mon nschedule mm

I’ve lived in La Habra all my life. This hike is mellow and a great conversation hike or even an opportunity to get away solo. Drive slow on entry, some potholes are treacherous for smaller cars. Otherwise you’re good to go.

Excellent set of trails. I spent about 2 hours hiking the various trails, and could have easily spent longer.

Was a beautiful day and a good hike, saw a hawk, road runner, coyote and a squirrel.

I liked the trail. Surprised to see lots of trees coz some photos or comments said hardly any. Didn’t see many dog poop although some hikers have dogs. Saw horse poop here and there. I liked that there’s a bathroom at the tiny equestrian center. A real bathroom not a portable potty. Things I didn’t like are big potholes going up to the parking lot, very small parking lot, no trail maps, lack of post/signs in the trail and having to park on the side of the road coz the parking lot is so small.

Awesome Trail.. loved watching the Horses train.. it was an unexpected surprise. Lots of happy hikers on this trail. Will be back sooon!

I started my trail off of Fullerton Rd. You can start at Schabarum but FYI you have to pay but funds help the park. Enjoyed my hike overall as the trail was very clean, pretty wide, which makes it child and dog friendly, not overcrowded and had beautiful views of the San Gabriel Valley. My only concern was that some of the trails were not marked so there were moments that I was unsure if I was going in the direction I needed to.

nice little hike from Fullerton Rd to schabarum park and back would of gave it 5 stars if the bathrooms weren't locked at schabarum park! but all in all a very enjoyable hike on a beautiful day.some steep parts, but the view and the solitude make it worth the climb

Well maintained relatively easy trail for walking and running!!

This is a great trail to run on as it is wide and has moderate traffic, which makes it safe for lone trail runners. I only gave it 3 stars because it isn't the most scenic. The several large, buzzing electrical towers throughout the trail remind you that you are not quite in "nature." There also isn't much shade throughout most of the hike as there are few trees, mostly just tall dry grass and some wild flowers.

The hiking group I'm a part of is here every week... !

This is my close to home "go to" trail. I walk this trail a couple of times every week.

My first time at the trail and I had mixed feelings. I started off on the powder trail loop which I thought you could hike and it would loop back around but that's not the case. It veers off into several different trails and if your hiking alone it can get kind of confusing, so I got to the end of the powder trail which I guess ended at the equestrian center and didn't want to get lost so I went back up the powder trail that I just hiked. In total I hiked 4 miles , not what I wanted but I guess it was something. Next time Ill bring someone and adventure off to the other trails. Go in the morning, cool air and trees

Great quick morning hike!

Monday, April 24, 2017

The whole park is awesome. Everything from easy to as long as you could possibly want. One can actually leave the park, pick up the trail next to Hacienda Rd, go to the
Buddhist temple and cross over Hacienda. There one will be on a green belt that goes nearly to the 605 in Whittier. I did about 25 miles one day and made it to probably Workman Hill. Still lots of trails to go.
No water so bring your own. Spring and summer there is little shade and lots of hills.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Monday, February 20, 2017

Trail closed

Monday, January 09, 2017

Good hike.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

good for hiking, biking, running or walking the dog. not a lot of people. recommend

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

So, this hike was surprising! I found the directions from another site that said it was only going to be 4 miles - but when I hit the 4 mile mark and was still far from the car I knew it would be awhile. It was a good walk but I would not do it again in July. There is not a lot of shade and it got very hot rather quickly. I will however do it again for a good workout this Fall! This is a dog friendly hike.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Was a good hike had a great time with friends. I'll be brining a hat next time

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Pretty easy. Not a ton of shade.