Powder Canyon Loop Trail

Powder Canyon Loop Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near La Habra, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

This is a great trail to run on as it is wide and has moderate traffic, which makes it safe for lone trail runners. I only gave it 3 stars because it isn't the most scenic. The several large, buzzing electrical towers throughout the trail remind you that you are not quite in "nature." There also isn't much shade throughout most of the hike as there are few trees, mostly just tall dry grass and some wild flowers.

The hiking group I'm a part of is here every week... !

This is my close to home "go to" trail. I walk this trail a couple of times every week.

My first time at the trail and I had mixed feelings. I started off on the powder trail loop which I thought you could hike and it would loop back around but that's not the case. It veers off into several different trails and if your hiking alone it can get kind of confusing, so I got to the end of the powder trail which I guess ended at the equestrian center and didn't want to get lost so I went back up the powder trail that I just hiked. In total I hiked 4 miles , not what I wanted but I guess it was something. Next time Ill bring someone and adventure off to the other trails. Go in the morning, cool air and trees

Great quick morning hike!

The whole park is awesome. Everything from easy to as long as you could possibly want. One can actually leave the park, pick up the trail next to Hacienda Rd, go to the
Buddhist temple and cross over Hacienda. There one will be on a green belt that goes nearly to the 605 in Whittier. I did about 25 miles one day and made it to probably Workman Hill. Still lots of trails to go.
No water so bring your own. Spring and summer there is little shade and lots of hills.

Trail closed

Good hike.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

good for hiking, biking, running or walking the dog. not a lot of people. recommend

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

So, this hike was surprising! I found the directions from another site that said it was only going to be 4 miles - but when I hit the 4 mile mark and was still far from the car I knew it would be awhile. It was a good walk but I would not do it again in July. There is not a lot of shade and it got very hot rather quickly. I will however do it again for a good workout this Fall! This is a dog friendly hike.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Was a good hike had a great time with friends. I'll be brining a hat next time

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Pretty easy. Not a ton of shade.

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

I love these trails. I have been riding my horses in them for years and it's always beautiful. For Horseback riders, be careful of the Mountain bikers because unfortunately a lot don't slow down when passing. For those that do, thank you!

Thursday, March 31, 2016

It was perfect for a quick hike

Friday, March 25, 2016

I've run Powder Canyon regularly for the past 2 years. This is designated as easy but that is not the case. Relative to other trail rankings this would be moderate to demanding(if running). Mixed fire road and single track. Can get a bit crowded on weekends. Pretty tame on weekdays. Nice views both north and southward. A fair amount of canopy/shade on Schabarum and extended Schabarum trails on this particular route. Numerous adjacent trails making for a good variety.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Easy morning hike great views.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Great, quick hike with the family. Not alot of shade. Did it with my 6 year old and 9 year old.

Saturday, February 07, 2015

This is the kind of 'trail'/ road for the person who just wants to go for a walk. If you're looking for an actual 'hike' it's worth heading to the nation forests north and north-east of us. Scenery isn't spectacular, but it's at least a small breathe away from the city. Otherwise a good trail, it just depends on what you're looking for and expecting.