Potem Falls Trail

Potem Falls Trail is a 0.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Montgomery Creek, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Potem Falls is a stunning waterfall. It is narrow at the top and fans out at the bottom as it plunges 69 ft. off a cliff into the Pit River arm of Lake Shasta

Great waterfall, I went on a Sunday and it got pretty crowded. Hiked with my kids (6 and 4) and my mom (70). We had a blast. The path is narrow and steep but fine if you go slow.

Beautiful Falls! It has a very private feel to it. Water is chilly but felt great on a hot summer day. Dog and kid friendly.

This is one of the most beautiful falls. The hike was super easy and I packed in my little one. The long part was the drive off the 299. It turns into a single lane dirt road. Watch your Google maps or you may miss it.

Super easy hike. Huge waterfall.

I like hitting Potem, Hatchet and Burney Falls all in the same day.

Beautiful and easy to get to! Water is freezing year round!

my favorite!!

Short hike to a beautiful waterfall.

beauty is everywhere and abounding in this place, that is for sure

Awesome spot to hang out and swim! not much of a hike because its just a zig-zag trail to the falls going down the side of the hill. you have to drive here unless you live nearby. too much traffic in the summer. used to be a local hang out that has been posted too many times so there is a lot of outsiders visiting; meaning dont be upset that the locals are upset with you!

Very short but sweet hike. The water fall is so beautiful. It is very hard to see the trail head from the road so be careful not to pass it!!

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

It is great! Always a good spot! Water is so cold lol

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Awesome spot!

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Potem Falls is SO great... it warranted a return trip! We enjoyed the rope swing, jumping off the rocks into the water, and this time around ... extended swims. Kids thought it was TERRIFIC! And, well, so did the adults! It's a place we will definitely return to again. ;-)

Monday, July 06, 2015

Friday, May 30, 2014

Not much of a hike, but It was an awesome place. Definitely a place to go cool off during the summer. We were here during the winter and it was significantly cooler down in the canyon. My dog loved this swimming hole and I will be sure to go back and try the rope swing as soon as possible.