Potato Mountain Wilderness Trail

Potato Mountain Wilderness Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Claremont, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike! Limited parking off of Mt Baldy Rd. Wide path with a steady climb throughout the trail. The last third is definitely more challenging but worth it for the views at the top. It has a path that connects to the Claremont trail if you wish to extend the hike.

My favorite trail close to home, beautiful city scenery when you get to the top.

As a normal Claremont Looper, this one kicked my butt at first. Straight incline to the top. Once you get there, it's breathtaking. In my opinion, a better view then its neighbor. Going down feels amazing! Park in the open area where you aren't covered by larger vehicles or where you can be easily seen from by passerby's. I went last month and about 7 cars had all their windows broken and belongings stolen. They were parked off on the east side of the road behind a large SUV before the turn.

Great hike. If this is moderate I hate to try the hard trails. It kicked my butt as I got closer to the top. Straight up. Loved it and felt rewarded when I got to the top and saw the beautiful view.

Fun hike STEEP! Great workout I will definitely go again!

Great day for a midday hike before rain comes this wknd :)

the weather was perfect