Potato Mountain from Claremont Wilderness Park

Potato Mountain from Claremont Wilderness Park is a 9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Claremont, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail! View from top is magnificent, take lots of water and maybe a power bar if you’re hiking the entire trail.. 11 miles total..

2 parking lots, upper and lower. we arrived upper lot at about 730am but it's almost full. $5 a parking permit, only valid for 4hr!!! we didn't realize time was so tight for a 9miles roundtrip!! steep uphill but easy plain trail , just 1mile with small rocks and luckily it was foggy and humid in the morning. good place for bicycling too

This trail is my favorite trail. There are lots of trees and shade.
Several birds and squirrels can be seen by the trail. There is a nice Creek that runs by the trail and you can hear it as you hike.
There are a ton of rocks on this trail. you definitely need cushion shoes.
This trail is also popular. It takes about an 1.5 to do if you're a fast hiker (not quite running speeds).

I will continue to go on this hike

amazing hike. read some reviews about being kid friendly. it is for older kids, 8 and up. don't bring a stroller and be prepared for steep climbs. We struggled with a stroller but we also didn't do enough investigation before we decided to hike this trail. I would do it again but little kid free!!! view is amazing.

pretty much uphill all the way up

12/24/17. This is my 2nd time doing this out and back in the last 7 days. I absolutely love this hike. Takes me just under 3 hrs. Its a good workout with solid elevation gain. Parking is $3 on weekdays and $5 on weekends. Bring a major credit card. Start by going right just after the trailhead towards Evey.