Porter Ranch Trails

Porter Ranch Trails is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Porter Ranch, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

nice trail. easy walk.. will come back next time for a run.

Great for dogs

Great trail for kids

I love the rivers ! Beautiful scenery too I was really impressed with this trail with the easy access and location yet I felt like I was away in a forrest somewhere else.

Trail runs along a creek, best seen in the winter. Many open and shady areas.

Beautiful gem of a trail! Not much elevation gain.

Great trail. Most of it is well maintained. We do this hike regularly and love it. No cars or traffic to deal with.

Great local trail. Just wish scumbag pet owners would clean up after it takes a crap in the middle of the trail system. Far too many dogs off leash here. I clean up after my dogs and keep them on leash at all times.

Been coming here since I was 8 years old. I love this trail. So many memories. Remember. Clean up after your selves And please pet owners pick up after your animals Be kind

There's a new (since I was last here a year ago) homeless encampment in the park. My daughter was really excited about the creek and the swing, but th camp is right there, and they were using that portion if the creek to bathe.
as with all the other popular trails, TONS of trash and dog crap. Really sad to see such a beautiful trail in such bad shape.

It was my first time at this location. I would go back for sure.

Great hike! Shaded and a few inclines. Overall pretty easy! Beautiful!

Easy out and back trail. All Trails should list Limekiln and Aliso Cyn separately as they are two totally different trailheads several miles apart. Aliso Cyn is off Rinaldi not too far from Tampa while Limekiln is off Rinaldi not too far from Porter Ranch. Both have big signs marking them. This review is for Aliso Cyn. There's a fork in the trail near the beginning. Go right. If you go left you'll run out of trail in 0.7 miles. This trail has a bit of shade and only one short, slightly steep spot. No need for hiking poles. For more challenge you can take one of the inclines up but you'll end up in a neighborhood. This hike is in a valley along an arroyo and there are houses up high on both sides. Seems popular for dog walks. Three stars for some trash and graffiti. Lots of parking in a paved lot but broken glass in parking lot so don't leave valuables in your car.

This is an awesome beginner trail. Lots of shade and a few water crossings. Perfect for pups

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Nice nature walk!

Sunday, May 07, 2017

It's a really nice hike. It's also a nice area to take photographs.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

I love this thanks... I want to return a Again

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Water is in the creek from the rains, it was a nice, easy hike. Went with my dog, Charlie, who also enjoyed himself. There were LOTS of lizards on the trails, a challenging game for Charlie to keep needing to "leave it", haha! We saw a young, well-fed looking coyote on the trail on our way back. He was near the picnic area by Rinaldi. He didn't give way for a long time, seemed quite confident. Not threatening, I think he was just checking out the smells from the picnickers nearby, but PLEASE keep your dogs on leash, no matter what size they are! If you have small dogs, be especially vigilant and keep an eye out, but enjoy your hike :)

Sunday, April 09, 2017

I love to take my dog on this trail. It's the perfect start for me to get back into hiking. Nothing too insanely difficult and a beautiful path.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

knowing that there's this little gem nestled in between the busy Porter Ranch area is great! It's a there and back trail with moderate inclines. Dogs are allowed on leash and the stream makes for a lovely sound as you hike to the top. It can become busy but it should detract from the atmosphere! I've already come back here multiple times and it's a great before or after work trip as it's not too far or long.

Monday, February 13, 2017

One of the best trails, loved it!!

Monday, November 28, 2016

Has a few tricks here and there but I like the hills. They aren't too extreme. I think it's a great running trail for those mornings.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Best in GH

Monday, September 26, 2016

Its great for jogging while hiking. A few sprints here and there !

Sunday, September 25, 2016

okay hike. good for a leisurely stroll. not much to see

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Great for just a quickie of a walk or a full days excursion. Many parts of the trail offer decent shade, and each section's trails have different views and landscapes!

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Did Aliso Canyon on a day reaching into the mid to high 90s. Maybe not the best idea. You can hike a good portion of this trail shade to shade but the sun was really intense. Cut my hike short because the later portions of the hike has little shade. Breeze was in my face heading back so that was nice.

Monday, June 06, 2016

My favorite since i was a kid

Sunday, May 22, 2016

nice smooth trail for biking