Porter Ranch Trails is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Porter Ranch, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love the alder trees here, clean, creek, picnic area, waterfalls, frogs, toads, birds, palm trees, very nice, not so busy

You can have picnics at the first trees, Willow, Pine, Spruce, Alder, Fig, Castor Bean, Cottonwood, and Sycamore

The Trail is a fire road 70% of the canyon, the end takes you up a few hills, dropping down to the best oak forest of the hike, then ending at the Sensoen Street, I saw some tracks going up the meadows past Sensoen Street, I’ll explore it next time, seems to take you up to the waterfall, or something?

The California Tree Frog and the Southern California Black Walnut are very rare, found here, in this Riparian Zone, there were goldfish in the first pond, someone dumped them I guess...

That’s All!!

Decent outing with stream still active even into Fall. Moments of solitude but busy trail near housing and major roads. Moderate only due to some elevation changes but small portions of trail are even paved albeit broken down. Overall a nice nature outing for the area.

I absolutely love this hike! I saw a lot of wildlife, and there is actually an active creek alongside the trail! In a tiny pond near the beginning (starting from the south end of the trail), there are some goldfish in there - I'm pretty sure someone put them there. Aside from that, I saw a coyote, 2 frogs, a raccoon, and an owl, along with the usual rabbits and bats. This hike is absolutely breathtaking, like a little forest in your own backyard :)

Dog owners don't pickup after their dogs. There is homeless encampment within the park. Coyotes occasionally seen roaming the area.

I remember I went there few years ago by spot at this area. It was nice and pretty long trails 

Loved this trail but I guess I didn’t make it to the end so next time I’ll come back with hubby so we both finish it love it will be coming back ❤️

A quick hike and good for families and kids. Even kids around 3 or 4 can also walk most of it. Has some shade along the way. Try and avoid windy and hot days. Most of the time hikers leave they dogs off the leash so watch for it when going with young kids.

nice trail. easy walk.. will come back next time for a run.

Great for dogs

Great trail for kids

I love the rivers ! Beautiful scenery too I was really impressed with this trail with the easy access and location yet I felt like I was away in a forrest somewhere else.

Trail runs along a creek, best seen in the winter. Many open and shady areas.

Beautiful gem of a trail! Not much elevation gain.

Great trail. Most of it is well maintained. We do this hike regularly and love it. No cars or traffic to deal with.

Great local trail. Just wish scumbag pet owners would clean up after it takes a crap in the middle of the trail system. Far too many dogs off leash here. I clean up after my dogs and keep them on leash at all times.

Been coming here since I was 8 years old. I love this trail. So many memories. Remember. Clean up after your selves And please pet owners pick up after your animals Be kind

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

There's a new (since I was last here a year ago) homeless encampment in the park. My daughter was really excited about the creek and the swing, but th camp is right there, and they were using that portion if the creek to bathe.
as with all the other popular trails, TONS of trash and dog crap. Really sad to see such a beautiful trail in such bad shape.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

It was my first time at this location. I would go back for sure.

Monday, September 18, 2017

Great hike! Shaded and a few inclines. Overall pretty easy! Beautiful!

Friday, August 18, 2017

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Easy out and back trail. All Trails should list Limekiln and Aliso Cyn separately as they are two totally different trailheads several miles apart. Aliso Cyn is off Rinaldi not too far from Tampa while Limekiln is off Rinaldi not too far from Porter Ranch. Both have big signs marking them. This review is for Aliso Cyn. There's a fork in the trail near the beginning. Go right. If you go left you'll run out of trail in 0.7 miles. This trail has a bit of shade and only one short, slightly steep spot. No need for hiking poles. For more challenge you can take one of the inclines up but you'll end up in a neighborhood. This hike is in a valley along an arroyo and there are houses up high on both sides. Seems popular for dog walks. Three stars for some trash and graffiti. Lots of parking in a paved lot but broken glass in parking lot so don't leave valuables in your car.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

This is an awesome beginner trail. Lots of shade and a few water crossings. Perfect for pups

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Nice nature walk!

Sunday, May 07, 2017

It's a really nice hike. It's also a nice area to take photographs.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

I love this thanks... I want to return a Again

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Water is in the creek from the rains, it was a nice, easy hike. Went with my dog, Charlie, who also enjoyed himself. There were LOTS of lizards on the trails, a challenging game for Charlie to keep needing to "leave it", haha! We saw a young, well-fed looking coyote on the trail on our way back. He was near the picnic area by Rinaldi. He didn't give way for a long time, seemed quite confident. Not threatening, I think he was just checking out the smells from the picnickers nearby, but PLEASE keep your dogs on leash, no matter what size they are! If you have small dogs, be especially vigilant and keep an eye out, but enjoy your hike :)

Sunday, April 09, 2017

I love to take my dog on this trail. It's the perfect start for me to get back into hiking. Nothing too insanely difficult and a beautiful path.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

knowing that there's this little gem nestled in between the busy Porter Ranch area is great! It's a there and back trail with moderate inclines. Dogs are allowed on leash and the stream makes for a lovely sound as you hike to the top. It can become busy but it should detract from the atmosphere! I've already come back here multiple times and it's a great before or after work trip as it's not too far or long.

Monday, February 13, 2017

One of the best trails, loved it!!

Monday, November 28, 2016

Has a few tricks here and there but I like the hills. They aren't too extreme. I think it's a great running trail for those mornings.