Poppet Flat Divide Truck Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(8)
San Bernardino National Forest

Poppet Flat Divide Truck Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idyllwild-Pine Cove, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.1 miles Elevation Gain: 360 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

Mon Dec 24 2018

I took my 1992 Toyota 4Runner out on this trial on 12/24/18. The trial has small ruts at the start that you need to find a line for. After I reached the fork in the trail I went left first and was given a much more exciting trail to go down and back up with a fantastic view, there were young men on bikes coming down the trail pretty fast so be carful! Once I made it back to the fork I went on the right side trial, this trail was boring and flat with some smaller rocks in the way during the turnaround spot at the end. Overall the trail is short and sweet, the left trial is much more fun for off-roading if you have L4 to come back up just in case, but I don’t think I’ll go out of my way to do this trail again.

Sun Dec 09 2018

should be listed as easy. flat dirt road that is pretty short, but the view at one end is great.

Sat Aug 27 2016

Elevation to only 400 ft so it was fairly easy. If you bear to the left at the fork you can extend trail for miles. Fabulous views!

Sat May 04 2019