Point Dume Cove Trail

Point Dume Cove Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Malibu, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

surfing

beach

This place is majestic! I originally went here about 5 years ago but never thought to review it. Just from the back of the beach and close to the cliff you'll different paths that brings you to the top of the cliff. The actual Point in Point Dume. The hike is relatively easy and I'm sure most people go for the view more than the workout. The trails are narrow in some points and no trees to protect you from the sun. The view from the top is awesome but you must watch your step because there is nothing but nature and a steep fall between you and the beach.

Depending on time of year and time of day you may see sea lions, surfers (by the cove) and whales below. There is a tiny parking area with about 8 spaces and 2 hour parking that leads to the cliffs and a somewhat rusted staircase that leads down to the cove. I hope that it never gets crowded but I feel this is the type of place everyone must witness to appreciate the art of The Creator and the care of Mother Nature. It's a relatively hidden gem to the locals and those of us that want to go off the beaten path.

This is a beautiful place to be if you want to reflect, meditate or just take pictures. Although I took pictures it's always good to get away from the congestion and think about what else is out there for us dreamers. If you can't appreciate the cliff then what's the Point?

A must do if you are in the area

Stunning views on this easy hike

On my way of my favorite hikes in Malibu! I love this view

pack for the beach. it's very beautiful. we will definitely be going back again.

Beautiful trail! Lots of places to sit and watch the ocean. Amazing views of rock formations. Very easy walk up. Highly recommend!