Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Point Dume Cove Trail

Point Dume Cove Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Malibu, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

surfing

beach

bridge out

It was such a beautiful experience. It’s an easy trail to do. Make sure to wear some kind of sun protector and highly recommend a hat since there is no shade.this is the best view for a sunset everyone has to experience a sunset at least once The bonus of this already beautiful hike is after you can enjoy the beach with a nice little picnic and relaxation.

Beautiful sunny trail, we where lucky enough to see dolphins off the shore. Definitely coming back to explore with more time.

This trail is short and sweet for anyone who likes the beach and loves wildlife! If you’re going, please respect the trail and the animals (sea lions, pelicans, gulls, etc.)

rock climbing

Wouldn’t call it a hike, more like a walk up to a nice view of the coast. Great for rock climbing at all levels though, from the 60ft vertical straight up with virtually nothing but small finger holes to the 30ft with terrain you could scramble on without a harness. There is also anchors at the top.

Nice little quick hike. Seen sea lions and lizards

Beautiful cliff views

Easy stroll. Good to see and hear sea lions.

Not quite a hike, but not quite a walk, either, with the sand. But kid friendly and do-able by almost everyone if you take your time. Great views of Santa Monica Bay, Zuma Beach, and the Santa Monica Mountains. Right up there with Torrey Pines as one of my favorite beach walks.

Not a hike, but it is an enjoyable walk. Easy to do if you want to do a quick, simple trail and don't have time or something in the Santa Monica Mountains

just missed a dozen whales by an hour. seals, hawks, gulls, pelicans, raven, sunset with channel islands in the background.

easy hike. windy af.

Great hike with lots of wildlife!

Friday, March 16, 2018

Saw whales and seals (I think they were seals) therefore 5 stars

Saturday, March 10, 2018

No regrets

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

I take all of my out of town guests here! It’s more of a walk than a hike if you start at the top. I usually park at the beach and climb up the hill to the “hike.” Every time I’ve been there’s seals sleeping on the rocks, it’s right before you reach the wooden bench lookout spot, if you’re walking away from Pt Dume Beach. If we can’t decide where to go for the weekend, we end up here. Stellar views!

Friday, February 02, 2018

Easy walk/hike and seriously the most GORGEOUS view!

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Easy climb to the picturesque peak of Point Dume. Great for a quick and casual walk through sandy trails. Usually comes with a great offshore breeze with a view of Sea Lions and Dolphins. Parking is rough. You might actually hike longer to getting to the hike, than the actual 1.2 mile trail. But, you’ll likely be able to find a great spot on the sandstone outcropping and remember why you went through the trouble in the first place. It’s also a great hike for the kiddos.

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Super easy, took my 71 y/o father with me whom is very out if shape. I am overly cautious so I took my time with him on steps in beginning.

Monday, January 15, 2018

I'd really call this a walk more than a hike. I've been here many times and usually see dolphins. It's also a great walk to take out of town guests to show off the beauty of the SoCal coast.

Saturday, November 18, 2017

This place is majestic! I originally went here about 5 years ago but never thought to review it. Just from the back of the beach and close to the cliff you'll different paths that brings you to the top of the cliff. The actual Point in Point Dume. The hike is relatively easy and I'm sure most people go for the view more than the workout. The trails are narrow in some points and no trees to protect you from the sun. The view from the top is awesome but you must watch your step because there is nothing but nature and a steep fall between you and the beach.

Depending on time of year and time of day you may see sea lions, surfers (by the cove) and whales below. There is a tiny parking area with about 8 spaces and 2 hour parking that leads to the cliffs and a somewhat rusted staircase that leads down to the cove. I hope that it never gets crowded but I feel this is the type of place everyone must witness to appreciate the art of The Creator and the care of Mother Nature. It's a relatively hidden gem to the locals and those of us that want to go off the beaten path.

This is a beautiful place to be if you want to reflect, meditate or just take pictures. Although I took pictures it's always good to get away from the congestion and think about what else is out there for us dreamers. If you can't appreciate the cliff then what's the Point?

Saturday, September 30, 2017

A must do if you are in the area

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Stunning views on this easy hike

Saturday, July 29, 2017

On my way of my favorite hikes in Malibu! I love this view

Thursday, July 06, 2017

pack for the beach. it's very beautiful. we will definitely be going back again.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Beautiful trail! Lots of places to sit and watch the ocean. Amazing views of rock formations. Very easy walk up. Highly recommend!

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Beautiful trail! There are still some wildflowers as of May 4, but not much.
Please, for the love of God, if you hike on a beach trail, don't bring your headphones. Two reasons: 1) You have the natural soundtrack of the waves. Isn't that why people hike here anyway? 2) As someone mentioned in an earlier review, and I can confirm, there are snakes on this trail. Including rattlers. We saw 2 snakes, one was a juvenile rattlesnake. So please be careful.
Whales and dolphins like this area too, so as you're walking, keep an eye on the water. Saw a baby and mama humpback when we arrived at 930am.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Gorgeous views, easy but satisfying hike.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Beautiful!

Sunday, February 26, 2017

This is a relatively easy hike that will surround you with the Pacific and wild flowers (thanks to the rain) and views of bluffs and beaches.