Pohono Trail Glacier Point to Inspiration Point

Pohono Trail Glacier Point to Inspiration Point is a 12.5 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Mariposa, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

1994 feet
Point to Point

Directions from Arch Rock Entrance: Follow Highway 140 into the park. Bear right on to Southside Drive then make a quick left on to Highway 41. Travel 9 miles to Glacier Point Road and turn left on to it. Follow Glacier Point Road 16 miles to the end. Begin the trail from the southeastern part of the parking lot.

Amazing trail! The Valley is overrun with tourists but once you’re on the Pohono it’s like having Yosemite to yourself. I hiked this last summer 2016 with a friend and we saw just three other people on the whole trail (aside from the major lookouts like Taft Point and Glacier Point).
I HIGHLY recommend hiking from Glacier Point to Tunnel View if you don’t like walking up elevation. We started at Tunnel View and the ascent was brutal and even the rest of the trail felt uphill. If I ever hike it again it will be starting from Glacier.
Beautiful views the whole way. Water available just fully fill when you cross it.
We descended down the 4 Mile Trail which was awesome especially to see great views of Yosemite Falls.

A great moderate hike. We did it the day after the 4 miles trail to give out legs a bit of an easier day, and it was. The views are absolutely stunning, great vistas of the valley and a great variety of landscapes (which brings a lot of different bird spieces!). We started early and we’re the only ones in the trail for a long time. It did get quite cold (close to freezing) so layer up!

Anyone hiking this August 12? Trying to find another car

Beautiful hike with sweeping views. Not for the beginner hiker, but well worth the effort!

Anyone planning on doing this hike on Saturday, June 3, 2017? I would like to find someone with another car to leave one at Glacier Point and another at Tunnel View

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Completed this trail in summer 2015. We started at glacier point road and ended up hiking out at McGurk meadows them hitching a ride back to our car (not particularly easy to do though). I heard it is very difficult to arrange transportation from the wawona side of the trail if you hike all the way through too though. There is a nice area of campsites just over a small bridge somewhere about halfway between Taft point and Dewey point and very close to the McGurk trail. There was plenty of water in the stream nearby. We made this our base and did a day hike out and back to the remaining points along the trail to Dewey, Crocker, and Stanford (I think that's what they're called... I'm not looking at the map!) We hiked out on the third morning. It was a very nice hike with beautiful views of the valley along the way, including Half Dome and the (albeit dried up at the time) falls. Less traffic and a good choice to take in the beauty of the park if you only have time for one hike in your trip. There was little traffic once we passed Taft point and we did see two small bears off away from the tail, but traffic picked up at Dewey point. Past Dewey it was quiet again. I would say this is a moderate hike suitable for beginners but enjoyable for all! This was my husband's first backpacking trip and my fifth.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Friday, June 13, 2014

Spectacular views of the Valley and the north rim.