Plunge Creek Truck Trail is a 10.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Mentone, California that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 10.2 miles Elevation Gain: 3,005 feet Route Type: Point to Point

Lots of baby rattle snakes.

Overall a good workout with nice views throughout, but a rather anticlimactic end. Hiked about 5 miles in where I came to an area where people shoot clay pidgins, lots of trash and empty shells. I turned around a mile or two past a dirt road where the trail ends, the road keeps winding up into the mountains, looks like it goes to the big “R”. Would definitely do this again but maybe leave earlier. It got pretty hot and there’s limited shade. Would be a good sunrise hike!

I took my eBike and had a lot of fun. The first mile or so is steep, then the grades get more gradual. I went to the end of the trail and then took the dirt road a bit further before turning back and returning the way I came up. Carried some fun speed, especially on the steeper stuff towards the end/beginning. I came into a deep rut hard and blew my rear tire off the rim, just before the water tower/final paved portion. Good fun!!

Sun May 26 2019

Spectacular views coming in and out. We hiked about 4 miles in, will definitely try to get further next time.

Wed Feb 27 2019

Pretty steep at the beginning, but gets easier. Then it starts going down. That is where I turned around. This would probably be a great thru hike if I knew where to pick it up on the other end. Need to research it a bit more. Oh yeah, limited parking in a neighborhood so be respectful.

Mon Jan 14 2019

Only went 4 miles back. Came across a few hikers and a trail runner and 3 dirt bike riders. It is a close hike and does not have snow this time of year :-)

Thu Sep 13 2018

I started at the cul-de-sac and went to the right along a sinuous dirt road. The road stayed close to neighborhoods and I wasn't feeling too concerned about mountain lions on the trail without a dog, although it may have been a different story had I started out to the left. I did see two cottontail rabbits and two redtail hawks circling above. It was a nice open outdoor hike on soft trail good for running. I did not happen to see anyone else out on the trail this Wednesday morning. I think it would be fun to ride a bike on this trail, I could have kept going further down the trail along the outside of the neighborhoods. I only rate it a 4 out of 5 because there were not many shade trees and because I thought it would be moderately trafficked, but I was the only one on the trail.

Sun Apr 01 2018

There is a gate at the beginning. It starts from a cup-do-sac. You cannot drive this. Easy for bikes and hikers to get around the gate though.

Wed Jul 05 2017

I hiked this after finding it on a dirt bike. Awesome trail.

Sun Feb 26 2017

awesome views! footing a little tricky due to trail being pretty washed out, overall great experience, definitely a good steep hike.