Pleasanton Ridge to Shady Creek to Bay Leaf Trail

Pleasanton Ridge to Shady Creek to Bay Leaf Trail is a 14.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Verona, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great place for hiking, biking and pet friendly!

It was quite a work out. A lot of up and down along the Ridge trail. It was a very beautiful hike especially along Shady Creek and Sinbad Creek. I also loved the Olive grove, it made me feel like I was in the Holy Land. Expansive views of Pleasanton, Livermore, Mt Diablo, Mission Peak, Sunol Ridge, Interstate 680.

this is by far one of the best day hikes as of yet... preparing for the Grand Canyon R2R hike

The most difficult hike I've done in the bay due to length and gain. I've only done one other in the bay this length. I did it with a close friend and it took us almost 6 hours to complete. We did the hike in Dec so it wasn't hot and cool enough just to energize you. Up to the front loop there were some people but when we got to the back loop there was no one there. It's one of those hikes once you get to the back loop there's no bailout... It's a long ways back to the truck! It was an incredible saturday hike!