Heritage Trail (CLOSED)

Heritage Trail (CLOSED) is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Newhall, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from February until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

closed

Placerita Canyon Natural Area received minor fire damage, but park is closed until further notice as of 6/26/17

closed due to mudslides

This trail is actually closed.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Good hike, very nice gradual increase.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Great views and nicely maintained trail.

Monday, January 25, 2016

Sunday, November 22, 2015

I started out on this trail but then went up Los Pinetos trail at the same park. Great hike and beautiful trail, not too difficult getting up there but it was long. I started out late and had to hurry down before sunset. I should have started earlier I realize, using this app it allowed me to see a fire break that was a short cut back but I don't recommend it. I made it back safe but it got a little treacherous coming down. It was a great adventure today.

Sunday, November 01, 2015

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I used to volunteer at placerita canyon so I would take this trail pretty regularly. It's a nice easy hike and is beautiful especially in the winter when the heat isn't crazy. Plus the nature center is really a cool space.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Monday, May 25, 2015

Trail was great until someone angered a rattlesnake

Sunday, May 24, 2015