Pioneer Express Trail

Pioneer Express Trail is a 14.7 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Folsom, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

Note for those bringing horses: You cannot stage your trailer in the Del Labor gated community. You have to go to Lomita and continue to the Sterling Pointe staging area.

The part I did, starting in granite bay was not very strenuous. Scenery was ok, a little confusing about where to go.

Only did part of the trail. Lots of sun and Scenery is not that varied.

Submerged trail and TONS of poison oak! This is a very nice hike but currently (Mid-May 2017) the trail is submerged in many areas because of the high water at the lake. The poison oak is growing over the trail in many parts as well. The PO became more of an issue because we had to cross country a lot to hook back up with the submerged trail. If you are bringing your dog, plan for a lot of tick removal (repellent didn't seem to help). I pulled 11 off my pup when we got back. This is a hike that might best be put off until the water is down a bit.

Love this trail !

Fun!!

found a good trail but was too close to road. :(

Didn't expect the change in elevation nor getting mixed up on the trails but the scenery was beautiful! I recommend going down to the river

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Easy trail, you can go almost anywhere you want not that the lake is so low.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Amazing trail. I would say it's harder than moderate though. My horse and I are avid trail riders and this trail surely pushed us. Great access to water and lots of wildlife. My only complaint is the directions on this site are incorrect. You cannot stage your trailer in the del labor gated community. You have to go to lomita and continue to the sterling pointe staging area.