Pioneer Express Trail

Pioneer Express Trail is a 27.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Folsom, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Note for those bringing horses: You cannot stage your trailer in the Del Labor gated community. You have to go to Lomita and continue to the Sterling Pointe staging area.

Love this trail !

Fun!!

found a good trail but was too close to road. :(

Didn't expect the change in elevation nor getting mixed up on the trails but the scenery was beautiful! I recommend going down to the river

Easy trail, you can go almost anywhere you want not that the lake is so low.

Amazing trail. I would say it's harder than moderate though. My horse and I are avid trail riders and this trail surely pushed us. Great access to water and lots of wildlife. My only complaint is the directions on this site are incorrect. You cannot stage your trailer in the del labor gated community. You have to go to lomita and continue to the sterling pointe staging area.

My weekly hike takes me through the trails northeast of granite bay. Very peaceful and scenic. Plenty of wildlife. A very nice hike

Saturday, April 16, 2016