North Levee Trail

North Levee Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Novato, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Super easy, mostly flat, and beautiful. Great place to get out and take some pictures!

This trail is a little gem. Parts are open whilst others are tree covered and nicely shaded--a great respite when it's warm. There are also a number of interesting side-trails meandering through the forested area. For the majority of this hike, the trail follows a wetland, teeming with a variety of waterfowl. If you are a birder, bringing binoculars will be worth the weight and handsomely rewarded. We also encountered a deer seemingly unconcerned by our presence and several other hikers reported seeing a coyote near the trailhead. My visit was on a weekday and it was not busy by any means. I have since returned for another and longer (2.5 hours) hike. This trail can easily be done in sneakers. I brought my dog on both occasions and I am glad I brought water for both of us as significant portions of the trail are still exposed to the sun. I also brought a lunch as there are many nice shaded places to relax whilst overlooking the wetlands and mountain vistas.

Would class this as easy-moderate. Uphill about half way, then downhill on the return journey. Nice scenery.

The hike was pretty. Some sections are closed due to flood so you cant actually do the loop. Beware of ticks! One section of the path is overgrown. Our dog did not roam off trail and we still ended up pulling over a dozen ticks off her.

really beautiful... birds, water, oaks, wildflowers...lovely!

Beautiful easy hike.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Ducks, pelicans, squirrels and egrets...a fun flat bird sanctuary.

Monday, August 03, 2015

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Friday, May 15, 2015

Sunday, February 01, 2015

Monday Jan 12 - 85 min great flat walk - come back when I can run!!

Monday, January 05, 2015

Rode it today as part of a longer ride...it was muddy but I will be back with the wife as it would be a nice hike especially in the spring when things are alive.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Saturday, November 30, 2013

This is one of the loveliest walking trails you'll ever come across. Runners and occasional cyclists share the trail, which can be accessed by driving to the trailhead near Highway 101 or driving to the trailhead located in the Bahia area neighborhood (or you can bicycle there if you want to!). Parking is not much of a hassle at either location. I have walked this trail several times and can guarantee that you will fall in love with it, like I did! Bring some water just in case. It's a moderately easy trail to walk, run or cycle. Your soul and your heart will both love you for trekking on this little gem.