Pine Mountain Trail

Pine Mountain Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Valyermo, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Awesome views!

Awesome views. we loved it. Thank you God for a beautiful creation.

Friday, November 04, 2016

Started in Manker flats and took Register ridge to the top of Mt Harwell then traversed the ridge to Baldy, took the North backbone trail down then back up to Dawsons peak then back down and up to Pine Mountain. Ridgeline the entire route, some fun scrambling. Returned the way I came. Full 9hr day due to the steepness of terrain. Great technical hike.

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Very touch hike. Only for the experience! Great views!

Monday, June 02, 2014

did with 2 dogs from acorn trail in wrightwood bring plenty of h20 you will need it trails in good shape a lot of rock climbing and loose rock

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Parked at Guffy and took the fire road to the trail head so I wouldn't miss the Sheep Mountain sign. There was a couple sitting there having lunch. In two trips they're the only people I've seen up there. It was my first hike in over a year and it totally kicked my butt. The closer you get to the summit the steeper it gets. Going up, there were a couple of times I was on all four in scramble mode. The summit was magnificent, and again I was disappointed I waited too late in the day to continue on to Baldy. The trip back is all down hill and steep with lots of scree. On the way up I was on all four, on the way down I often decided the best way was to squat and slide. I skipped the fire road and took the PCT back to Guffy. Fantastic afternoon.