Pine Mountain OHV Road is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Santa Margarita, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for bird watching and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.9 miles Elevation Gain: 1,118 feet Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

Sunday, June 03, 2018

the person before is completely right. great trail. I did the complete ride with a rzr. I was too scared of the return hill at the stair steps. figured down was safer than up, so did stair steps instead of turning around. I was alone. (not recommended At all.)

off road driving
Wednesday, November 04, 2015

by far the most challenging trail in our area. very well mantained. if you come in from the top of the back side of the stair steps it is a decently long trail. if you start at los chichis, you better have a fully built rig, you wont make it up the stair steps. the trail on this map is incorrect, that is actually los chichis trail. definitely dont go alone. bring a lunch and plenty of water. we took the trail all the way to the stair steps staging area and turned around. the last decent before reaching the top of the stair steps can be very difficult. i attached a link to my youtube video of our trip

off road driving