Pincushion Mountain Peak

Pincushion Mountain Peak is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Friant, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Mostly incline. Beautiful views.

Awesome trail starts off easy then it gets very challenging, great for beginners to test their will. Definitely recommend this for everyone to try it out.

Really good trail to test your abilities before going to higher altitude.

Short and sweet. Lots of uphill but very rewarding views.

this was my first hike with a steep incline it was definitely a challenge there were lots of rocks and some trees for shading along the trails Edge but the view is so worth it

Steep hike, there’s only a few level areas. Most of it is inclined walking. Take a hat there’s practically no shade. Gives you a different look at Millerton that has less people. At the beginning there’s a Bathroom and benches by the beach. Hot, went in July

Steep and Straight Forward. Great view of surrounding lake.

Got there early enough to catch the beautiful sunrise, great exercise. I recommend this trail

This was my first time hiking and I really enjoyed myself. It definitely wasn’t easy but there were a couple of nice shaded areas with rocks to sit on which made the climb easier.

great excersize.

This is my “go to” hike when I’m itching to go hiking but don’t have much time to drive out an hour.

First off, the park area is great and you can also walk down to the lake prior to or after your hike.
On some occasions our “fight team” use this area for fight camp because it has the parking lot for running and then we’ll hike or run the trail to the top of pincushion mnt. The view up there is very rewarding.

This is a good challenging hike for me. I enjoy hiking but i have not gone out for years. I plan on hiking this trail more often so it can condition me for future hikes. See you soon...

It was a good challenge for me. Not easy.

In the middle of a network of trails, offering something for any level of ability. At roughly the 0.4 mile mark the trail has a major fork. The posted trail is primarily the left fork. A shorter and steeper version is the right fork. Left side has more breeze and more scenery; while the right fork offers more thigh burn.

good hike but a little challenging if you are out of shape but it is doable.

Short but intense hike. Pretty steep most of the way up. My calves are definitely feeling it a couple days later. My 8 year old was able to make it while the 11 year old puttered out just before the steepest part towards the end. As others have noted, the views at the top are well worth it!

Awesome Trails

Great trek for my first hiking experience. There are sections that are steep and challenging for those of us who have limited hiking experience. However, I enjoyed the 3 mile round trip which made for a pleasant beginners hike. The views are great and the people on the trail were very friendly.

Very nice day hike! Good for uphill conditioning in places. Best hike within 30 minutes of Fresno

Very scenic !

hahaha ......it kicked my ass.....havent been hiking in years.....this was a good reminder of how out of shape i am.

Easy and the views at the top are amazing!

Beautiful scenery!

Fun little day hike. Not too long. Early hike in the morning and be at work in the evening. Cows sometimes lay in the trail. They’re indifferent to the hikers being there though.

Great gain and views

This is one of my favorite hikes to date. It is challenging, but the view from the top is outstanding. I did get a little bit lost because the trail splits in a couple of areas, but I guess that is my fault for not looking at the map on here. Either way, if you follow the trails to try to get to the highest point you can see then you will find a peek. It is a rocky end portion of the trail and once you get to the top you have a nice 360° view of all of Lake Millerton, the river, and some table mountains.

A nicely maintained trail that has beautiful views. Starts out climbing but is worth it!

this is the one that made me realize how out of shape I am.

Great hike, but a tough one, lots of steep inclines and rocky trails, but if you push through it, once you concur the last rocky climb, it’s a beautiful view of the lake!!!!

Super fun little hike the incline is steep but it is definitely worth it! Wouldn’t go on a hot day only spring or fall