Pilot Rock Truck Trail

Pilot Rock Truck Trail is a 24 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hesperia, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

The trail can vary from easy to extremely difficult depending on what route you take. The main trail is easy for an high clearance 2WD, however many of the side trails require 4WD. This trail ends up close to Lake Arrowhead

off road driving

Good Trail with alternates for various skill level. Only disappointment was the leg that appears to reach Silverwood Lake. The old Trail has a locked gate and a small sign that indicates it’s illegal and subject to fines. Great alternate challenges though, including the short leg to Pilot Rock. Fun day, especially late afternoon with fall colors.

Had an amazing time. Great trail for the avg joe. Did it Aug 13th at 3:30pm from Hesperia. Trail ended near arrowhead about 6:45. Decided to check out Arrowhead afterwards. It is beautiful!

off road driving

Rocky and very dry conditions.Spring and fall conditions would be better to review this trail. Our stock jeep had no problem. Had to use 4 low about 1/2 way up and then the rest rocky and dusty conditions.

off road driving

Good trail, I would suggest 4x4, but if you're a decent driver y'all should be fine.

off road driving

I've done this trail twice, first time completely stock and stayed on main trail. Very easy trail. Second time went with lift, larger tires, disconnects and went on many of the offshoot trails, Awesome. The view of the lake is fantastic in several spots.

off road driving

very fun trail we loved it

great day lots of fun

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

My wife and I hiked it 2weeks ago and we loved it real good work out and a lot of nice views

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The trail itself was phenomenal. I'd highly recommend it to all levels of drivers. Overall the main fireroad is easy to drive and shouldn't give any stock 4x4 vehicle a problem at all. There are side tracks that would definitely venture into the hard genre. When we did it, the 2016 Blue Cut fire had just been put out which revealed charred landscapes sprinkled with neon pink fire retardant. I would do this trail soon to check that out.

Keeping that in mind, I would be forewarned for the rainy season. There are areas that look like they could easily be washed out and become incredibly muddy, even more so now with all the trees being burnt to a crisp. We drove the Cleghorn Ridge trail and then ventured to this one, taking us from the I-15 to Lake Arrowhead. This trail can be done in under 2 hours with minimal ventures onto the side roads. Overall I'd highly recommend it.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Very nice trail

Saturday, July 30, 2016

It was a great trail. Most paths were marked by level of difficulty with bypasses available. The trail could easily be done in a stock vehicle. Very scenic and finished the day with lunch in Arrowhead.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Thursday, July 09, 2015

I had a blast on this trail, the group I was with did this trail and did Leghorn backwards on the same day. The first hill, let me call it gatekeeper was steep,fun and scary.

Friday, August 08, 2014