Learn more

Phyllis Ellman Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Corte Madera, California that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 521 feet Route Type: Loop

Great trail with stunning views. I’m pretty sure I saw poison oak during the first leg of the trail so be vigilant. I went on a Monday afternoon and it wasn’t crowded at all. I did wish I could let my dog off his leash but it was still fun. *edit* - I went again today and I saw a huge coyote and a snake right on the path. Now I appreciate the dogs on leash rule!

A pleasant walk on a holiday, well marked and not very crowded. The trail crosses a small gurgling creek the times: filled by recent rain, pleasant to listen to. That rain must have come down yet the trail itself in torrents. Left behind was black, sticky, slippery mire all the way to the top of the hill. Pleasant, not challenging, easily found trailhead, a nice visit.

Loop trail up to Turtle rock and PE back down was a nice hike with the kids. Mix of sun/shade, fairy muddy, great views and interesting things to see on the way (old trees, vegetation, birds, rocks to climb).

Short little hike with no shade. Small amount of bugs. Some of the signs don't follow the guided app trail, don't worry if you follow one over the other since they both end you in the same place. Slight up hill most of the way except for the last loop which is a moderate uphill and moderate downhill. A bit rocky but nothing terrible. Some nice views of the water and city. There is a residency near by so you might hear noise for a small portion of it (we hear construction). Small to moderate foot traffic.

Sat May 18 2019