Pfeiffer Falls Trail (CLOSED)

Pfeiffer Falls Trail (CLOSED) is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Big Sur, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

closed

Great, classic Big Sur trail. I recommend for anyone. I created a Big Sur scented candle inspired by this beautiful place. Check it out :) https://muskytrails.com/shop/woodsy-candles/big-sur/

A great hike. The SP web site says it's closed now (Feb 2018). Does anyone know if that's a seasonal closure and it will be open again in the summer, or if it's more long-term?

Nice trail. Beautiful at the top

Very beautiful trail that leads to a lovely waterfall which makes for a great way to splash yourself and cool off from the short hike. Nice place to relax and have lunch! :D

Monday, November 28, 2016

Awesome hike to rejuvenate & get centered.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

This is a pretty trail but when I went it had a lot of trash (be a Good Samaritan and pick some up peeps!!) The waterfall itself was smaller than I expected but it is still worth hiking to. This hike is a a decent uphill until you reach the trail head for the falls where it gets more downhill.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

photo op.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Great hike with plenty of level ground and up hill climbing. Lots of wildlife and people so you are not alone on the trail. The water fall is decent however lots of bugs when you get there so it's hard to enjoy the falls for long. Parking in the hotel lot near the end was fine, they didn't tow us.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Short hike with beautiful view of falls.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

For our first hike in Big Sur, myself and my wife thoroughly loved it an easy and enjoyable hike for two beginners

Thursday, June 30, 2016

I'd call this a warm up hike. Wakes up your muscles and gets the blood flowing, but short enough to bring the whole family. Bring your camera! Beautiful waterfall and blue jays in the trees.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

The falls were pretty underwhelming considering the work to hike the trail. The trail is heavily packed so don't be surprised if you brush up against other people when passing. Still glad I did it.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Unfortunately this was more of our rest stop before we headed to 17-mile drive. We didn't get to fully explore, but it left a lasting impression!

Saturday, March 19, 2016

I've done this hike twice, and both times I've enjoyed this quick short hike. The waterfall isn't no McWay Falls, but it's still a cute little waterfall. There wasn't many people on the trail when I went both times and once you're on top of the rock to get a better view, it's a good time to sit, take out some snacks, and have a little break. We also decided to do the Valley View Trail along with this hike to make it longer.

Visited May 2015 and December 2015

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Wasn't to difficult and was well worth the ending! Easy in and out.. Lots of people and kids on the trail!

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Short trail, but steeper than expected. The waterfall is a bit underwhelming.

Friday, February 12, 2016

nice semi easy hike. Beautiful camping by the river

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Crowded trail.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

it was ok,

Monday, January 11, 2016

Very green...waterfall was pretty & a good turning back point. I personally don't care for out & back trails, I prefer loop trails which is why I rate it 3 Stars. Other than that, it was nice.