Peters Canyon Loop Trail [CLOSED]

Peters Canyon Loop Trail [CLOSED] is a 6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Orange, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

closed

29 minutes ago

I have been here 4 times. It's not bad, but definitely not high on my list of favorite hikes or hikes that I can't wait to return to. The first time I came here was a solo hike. I brought some family member the 2nd time and thought this would be good since my niece has a young family and figured the trail around the lake would be short and easy enough for them to handle. The third time I came with a friend that I hadn't seen in a long time and we hiked the whole thing and that gave us time to "catch up". The last time I came here was for an Earth Day 10K.

Pros- easy to find and doesn't require a long drive to get there; there is ample parking in the lot ($3 I believe)...you can also park at the southwestern end at a school(during non-school hours) or on the street near the school for free; different connecting trails to make your hike suitable to the level of difficulty or time that you have (I have done as little as 2.5 miles here to as much as 6 miles); some steep hills that seemed much steeper when I was running the 10k that gives you a good workout if you choose that trail on the southern side; you can bring your dog

Cons- on the busy side and surrounded by neighborhoods so you don't get the feeling of really getting away from the hustle/bustle; no cool destination or view that you must see esp. since the lake is dry.

Dope

Great hike, even after the fire.

bueno

Not my favorite, (kinda boring), but I come here because it’s my local trail. Some great climbing, well maintained terrain, not much shade via the east ridge route. It can get very hot during the warmer days. VERY popular on the weekends, so I go during the week. Many hikers go here with their dog children.

Peters Canyon Trail
Relatively easy trail with minimal hills and nice shady spots. Easy for everyone!

East Ridge View Trail
More hilly and can be steep at parts. No shade from trees. Nice views of the houses though!

Nice short hike that is easy to get to unfortunately the recent fire burned the natural vegetation it’s starting to grow back

Closed due to fire :(

Temporarily closed from recent fires.

Burnt on 09OCTOBER2017 from Anaheim Canyon Fire

Tough to hike @ 104 degrees

I love the hills on this trail, great workout! Go early there isn't any shade! Beware of rattlesnakes! Have seen 2 in the last week!

The lake loop is easy. There is another trail with hills and is more difficult.

I have completed this trail multiple times .It is definitely a moderate hike as it comes with some steep hills (both when you head up and then hike downward ).Recommend to pack lots of water especially if you take your pet on a hike !

Great moderate hike.

Nice trails with mixed view of the mountains, cityscape, and man-made lake. Very well maintained trails as well.

It was a nice hike & view

Fun hike with ups and downs

I go there once a week and it is a great hike. Great cardio and dogs are allowed.

Great trail with great scenery. Some steep grades make it perfect for a workout. Saw some runners and some nice dogs. Definitely coming back