Peters Canyon Loop Trail

Peters Canyon Loop Trail is a 5.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Orange, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The path we ended up doing was a kind of combination of all the trails in the area. Started at the Peters Canyon trail head then picked up the East View Ridge trail, and after completing that we ended up on the Eucalyptus trail. That's pretty much the full loop around the canyon. We hiked with our dog. The grade is actually pretty steep so be aware if you aren't a fan of elevation. A pretty sunny trail to be ready to be in the sun.

Such a beautiful and green hike !! Good amount of hills ! Took about 2hrs to finish !

Great trail for all levels with plenty of options to make your trip longer or shorter and varying degrees of difficulty. My dog and I loved it and will be back. Kind of crowded but to be expected with it’s proximity to the city.

I liked this trail, it had a few different paths you could take to give different scenery which could be confusing to know if you are heading in the right direction but I’m adventurous and enjoy that kind of thing. Some of the hills are difficult but if you hike regularly they aren’t too bad. Will do this one again!

...I'm coming back...lots of ups and downs...could have used poles in several places (left them in my car

Try again

This trail is a great quick weekend workout.

Awesome trail. It's near by if you live in Orange and is fairly easy.

great place for kids love it

The majority of this trail is easy, but Scout Hill, East Ridge, and Eucalypti Trail are closer to moderate. I have hiked this trail and mountain biked this trail many times. The start is on the street which means you won't have to pay for parking. If this is close to where you live I would highly recommend checking it out. Most of this trail is double track with probably around 1 mile or less of single track, but it can still be quite fun.

I have come to Peters Canyon for a while, but only recently for mountain biking. I typically start by Lower Peter's Canyon Reservoir and then go left at the sign. Then around the lake, I would recommend taking Cactus Point Trail. Next, I take the main fire road back until Scout Hill and then continue on East Ridge until Eucalyptus and then the ride is over. It is fairly steep at some spots, but is still relatively easy. I love this trail for hiking, and it is good for biking but there are definitely better places.

Great work out with amazing view.

Love it!!

Nice trail but gotta pay for parking

Its what i needed to go! Fantastic workout

Fabulous!

Ran the track in about an hour. If you haven't trained for uphills like me, the beginning will have your calves burning. Second half is mostly flat with a slight incline. Scenery is decent considering it's local.

not bad. had lots of fun

Decent hike, not too strenuous, and the foot traffic was fairly moderate

Everything is kind of burnt up from the fires, and compound that with the dry conditions, the scenery was all that.

I’d probably only do this again after a lot of heavy rain and when the lake reopens

Has a really challenging hills and beautiful nature walk ,, careful on weekends a lot of kids and dogs ,,, clean bathrooms .. parking lot gets very full ,,, bring your pass

Pretty cool trail. A lot of different options to make your hike easier/harder and shorter/longer. Go early tho because it gets super busy. We went at 0700 and it was already pretty busy.

Definitely a workout! Always fun bringing my boys. A lot as changes since the fire but it still a gorgeous place to hike.

I have been here 4 times. It's not bad, but definitely not high on my list of favorite hikes or hikes that I can't wait to return to. The first time I came here was a solo hike. I brought some family member the 2nd time and thought this would be good since my niece has a young family and figured the trail around the lake would be short and easy enough for them to handle. The third time I came with a friend that I hadn't seen in a long time and we hiked the whole thing and that gave us time to "catch up". The last time I came here was for an Earth Day 10K.

Pros- easy to find and doesn't require a long drive to get there; there is ample parking in the lot ($3 I believe)...you can also park at the southwestern end at a school(during non-school hours) or on the street near the school for free; different connecting trails to make your hike suitable to the level of difficulty or time that you have (I have done as little as 2.5 miles here to as much as 6 miles); some steep hills that seemed much steeper when I was running the 10k that gives you a good workout if you choose that trail on the southern side; you can bring your dog

Cons- on the busy side and surrounded by neighborhoods so you don't get the feeling of really getting away from the hustle/bustle; no cool destination or view that you must see esp. since the lake is dry.

Monday, February 12, 2018

Dope

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Great hike, even after the fire.

Sunday, February 04, 2018

bueno

Monday, December 11, 2017

Not my favorite, (kinda boring), but I come here because it’s my local trail. Some great climbing, well maintained terrain, not much shade via the east ridge route. It can get very hot during the warmer days. VERY popular on the weekends, so I go during the week. Many hikers go here with their dog children.

Saturday, December 02, 2017

Peters Canyon Trail
Relatively easy trail with minimal hills and nice shady spots. Easy for everyone!

East Ridge View Trail
More hilly and can be steep at parts. No shade from trees. Nice views of the houses though!

Monday, November 27, 2017

Nice short hike that is easy to get to unfortunately the recent fire burned the natural vegetation it’s starting to grow back