Peoria Flat

Peoria Flat is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Yosemite Junction, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful hike on a mild winter day. Everything was green and gorgeous. Great bird watching. We went clockwise, straight up....it was a burner for sure but not difficult. Well worth it. Make sure you take the side trail on the left at the top to a vista that overlooks New Melones dam, Lake Tullock and the Copperopolis Quarry Mine. Will definitely revisit, maybe in the spring to enjoy the wildflowers. Hike #10 #52hikechallenge

1: This loop is not 2.8 miles. It is longer! It will also lead you to Table Mountain access at Shell Road if you don’t cut down the mountainside to gain access the bottom of the valley.
2. There are bears there. Yes, BEARS! USE EXTREME CAUTION!
3. There is a heavy duty extension cord running across the middle of the trail.
4. Beautiful view of the lake.
5. All Trails should enhance the warnings for this area.

I love the reviews. So innocent. They portray Peoria Flat as it should be ... without the guns. Yes, guns. I trail ride, and take my horse to Peoria Flat to enjoy the trails, the exercise, the vistas. So why do have to endure the guns??? More and more lately. Yes, they have their rights, but should they be shooting non stop around families, children, dogs, horses, hikers, riders??? It's not right!!! I had a bullet fly by my head. I suspect they were aiming at my dog. What is going on???

Nice hike. First Mike was a nice thigh burner to get started.

Wow this Trail is rated moderate? I think it should be rated challenging. I went with a friend and when we got to what we thought was the top where you can see the lake we looked and saw that it was still more of a steep uphill climb. We were not up for that we turned around and came back down. We went counterclockwise.

Beautiful evening hike, great place to watch the sunset. Saw some deer.

A good workout, lovely views at the top and quite peaceful. Just what I was looking for on a Saturday morning with my dog. It is a fairly steep climb so definitely bring your poles and boots.

After about 30 mins of huffing and puffing my way up the trail, I was rewarded with spectacular views looking over New Melones Lake toward Table Mountain and the snow covered Sierra Nevada Mountains beyond.

I went in mid April when the foothills of Jamestown and Copperopolis are covered with a wide variety of colorful wildflowers. This trail provides an excellent opportunity to experience the spring bloom up close and personal.

Parts of the decent are steep and rocky. Make sure you wear appropriate footwear and consider using trekking poles.

Good trail to get your heart pumping. Very beautiful in the spring. Be prepared for lots of uphill hiking.