Pentachaeta Loop

Pentachaeta Loop is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Westlake Village, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I'll be leading the original "Pentachaeta Loop" hike (named by me) on 4/29. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/localhikers/events/249531489/

Trail gets lost on the back side so you need daylight and this app!

Definitely a hard hike...the trail is over grown and you are going to need this app find your way! Great adventure

You’re gonna laugh when I tell you my friend and I had to be airlifted out by Malibu Search and Rescue because we ended up way off the trail (because there are so many little trails that look like they are the main trail). We ran out of water and weren’t sure if we could make it back by dark. Yes, we tried backtracking but many parts are overgrown with brush which is not fun to hike through and easy to lose your way. We ended up at a really cool rocky precipice with a fabulous view close to the 23 where we could see houses, but it was way too steep and thick with brush to get to civilization. So 2 awesome rescuers hiked up to us and a helicopter picked us all up and dropped us at the Agoura sheriff ‘s station. What an adventure! It was great exercise so I rated it a 3 star.

I do NOT recommend this hike. parts of the trail have been washed out and it makes an already dangerous hike even more dangerous. this is a very hard hike with scrambling over rock almost the whole way. In various places it is straight up and straight down. The views are great but in my opinion not worth the danger. We were lucky not to be hurt, in fact I think this trail should be shut down until it can be rebuilt. If that gets done only people comfortable on precarious ridgeline hikes should do this one. Good luck if you decide to do it.

A great short single track ride. It has a little of everything. Technical rock croppings, tight turns in between brush, short hill climbs, and views of the valley. If you want to go all the way to the end, you can hike your bike on your back for a short hill to get up to the next trail over the hill.

The initial trail to the reservoir is fine, even though it's a little washed out and rocky. Nice view. After that, staying on the trail is near impossible without following along with the app the whole time. I won't do this one again.

There are too many different trails all overgrown and not marked. Thin trail was mainly gravel and loose rock in the center. The view from the top is great though but not worth the steep and loose rock trail.

Pretty tough moderate trail. Very steep in many places. Great diversity in terrain and views. I would recommend

be aware - the trail is not Moderate! It is would rate it Moderate to Hard.
In some areas the trail was washed from the past winter. For these summer months, not too many areas to escape the sun.

It's OK. I lost twice...so many trails there.

This trail is poorly maintained and goes on roads for a good portion of it. The lake is also fenced off.

Very overgrown and should be rated as hard, pretty good time as long you don't bring anyone non adventurous, and don't bring your dog

This trail is more challenging than it appears on the app. Vegetation over grown and parts of the trail were washed out by winter rains making it more hazardous to navigate.

This trail is no joke. Some of the trail, due to the rains is washed away. Lots of loose dirt in the narrow parts. Other than that the views are great. I slipped on my butt a few times when it got dark, and lost my gopro. :(

The trail is so overgrown on the east side due to the heavy rains earlier in the year. Nice views over Kanan Rd and a reservoir.

Monday, April 17, 2017

One of our favorite hikes https://www.meetup.com/localhikers/events/230333698/

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Very hard to stay on the right trail.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Lots of foliage right now due to Tue rains. Challenging and lots of rocks.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Much harder than suggested,very steep terrain

Sunday, February 12, 2017

This is a great hike but it is harder then moderate. VERY steep at times, slippery, tiny trail...we loved it just wished I had brought my hiking stick. Beautiful views and very green right now

Monday, January 23, 2017

We put together a quick video summary on YouTube.

Hiked it early January between downpours and while the first 40 minutes is bound to disappoint, when you get to the spine of the mountain it's stunning...

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Great hike. Pretty steep in a couple sections and a little slick in a few spots due to rain the night before. My boys (8 & 11) loved it.

Saturday, December 17, 2016

great views. challenging to get up and down the spine of the mountain but worth it.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Great hike!

Friday, May 27, 2016

Easy, great views!

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Cute, basic walk on a fire road. Nice for some basic exercise.