Peñasquitos Falls loop via Carmel Valley

Peñasquitos Falls loop via Carmel Valley is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips.

I was pleasantly surprised with this hike today. There were some pretty level trails but a few steep inclines (based in my standards) The waterfall was a nice little treat. next time I'll pack a light lunch and enjoy it there. I really liked how this was a loop so you didnt see the same place twice.

Loved this hike. Started off a little slow, but the climb through the creek and hike up sycamore trail was so much fun!

What a fun hike with some challenging uphill climbs. The view from the top is beautiful and from in the valley even better. The waterfall was quite peaceful. Quite a few snails on some trails. The trailhead is tucked in a neighborhood side street

Definitely recommend this trail. The scenary is worth it!! Would recommend boots and long pants. Boots because some parts get very rocky. And pants because there is a lot of high grass. There’s a nice waterfall and pond area in the middle! Enjoy!!

Took my 9 year old boy here yesterday. He loved it. The drop into the mountain was very technical so I had to be next to him and the climb out was equally as tough, however, the reward of seeing the waterfall was well worth it. If you have trouble with steep descents I would avoid this loop. We both enjoyed our time here more than expected.