Pedro Point Headlands Trail

Pedro Point Headlands Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pacifica, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Secret little coastal hike with unparalleled views of the San Francisco peninsula shoreline. An area of outstanding coastline and natural habitat of several endangered species, the Pedro Point Headlands tower above Linda Mar beach and the southern most point of Pacifica. Now publicly owned, these lands are slowly recovering from dirt-bike use and are gradually being nursed back to health with plans to eventually open series of official trails. Not being well known and without a signpost in sight, if you head up here there's a fair chance you'll have the whole park to yourself!

Good hike the first part is the worst , good leg workout . Opposite way of devils trail, not many hikers , good views of the ocean

Great little costal trail, you get some elevation so you feel you are doing some exercise! The views are great and it was full of wild flowers! There isn’t any sign to the trail, so if we weren’t using this app, we could not find it at all! It was very quite and we saw only a couple of people there!

Wasn’t sure where to go a couple of times and had to watch the map. Other than that, it was a great workout with LOTS of steep hills and the views were gorgeous. Wear sunscreen! I combined this with the Pedro point via devils slide trail and it wasn’t too easy or hard.

Not too strenuous of a hike with amazing ocean views. The trails are very well maintained and would definitely rate this more of a moderate hike as there were a few steeper inclines. I liked that there weren’t too many people like other trails such as Mori point. Took about an hour and went onto Devil’s slide trail after which is right next to it. However, beware as there is very limited parking so make sure to get there earlier especially on a nice day.

Such gorgeous views! The point really is stunning with its geological intrigue. Some pretty steep points! I hiked this a lot quicker than I expected to: a little over an hour, with lots of stops to soak it all in. Really liked the views out over Pacifica. Park in the Devil’s Slide lot for this: you’ll actually have to hike of the lot and hit a paved trail over to the left-side to find the trail. Would be great to pair with Devil’s Slide if you are looking for a longer hike.

Great family hike! Came here with my family on Christmas day, and there's definitely pretty steep up and downs, but my parents managed just fine with a walking stick. We did a clockwise loop, South Ridge Trail to end of the Bluff Trail, a quick jaunt to the first viewpoint on the Middle Ridge Trail, then headed back to the parking lot via Arroyo Trail. Total was 2.55 mi, 653 ft of elevation change. Beautiful views of the coast on a sunny clear day. Bring a hat and layers for the wind and the chilly shaded Arroyo Trail.

Great length of hike and definitely I’d rate this as moderate l. Steep dusty uphills are rewarded with nice downhills in intervals. The views along the way are absolutely worth the sweat! Bring a jacket if it’s foggy because on the way back you’ll need it in the areas with all the trees! We’ll do this one again for sure.

A terrific little hike! Far more steep than I was expecting (this was hike #2 of the day!), but gorgeous views and enough variety of terrain to make it interesting. I recommend some shoes with very good grip, as portions of this dirt trail can get a little slippery. I was going at a pretty good clip and it took about 90 minutes. If you're looking for something a little longer, I'd recommend combining with the Devil's Slide trail which is right next door. I popped over to that trail briefly and saw whales surfacing!

This is such a gorgeous trail - right along the ocean and very few people! 20 minutes from the city

Great hike. Easy to follow, not many people, well kept trail. Very eerie while it’s foggy which is pretty cool - makes you feel like you’re in the clouds.

First time trail running and this trail was perfect!

Absolutely beautiful! We had the trail all to ourselves from beginning to end! The efforts are well worth the views and as a beginning hiker, it was a perfect challenge to start kicking it up a notch.

Beautiful trail and views! Very steep in some sections. There’s a sign just up the trail a bit which has a map showing a simple trail system, but it seemed there was only one “official” trail. Maybe that’s part of the trail restoration happening. I went later in the day and was the only person out there.

Such a beautiful hike. It’s has some good hills so be ready for that. But it is worth it!

Most picturesque trail I've ever been in the Bay Area!

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Beautiful trail with wonderful views. The beginning is a bit difficult but the rest is easy. We didn’t get to finish it so we will be back. Parking is limited so make sure to go early.

Sunday, March 11, 2018

About 10 parking spots. Cars lined up to get one on a sunny Sunday.

Monday, February 12, 2018

Fantastic hike with incredible coastal views

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Nice trail close to HMB. Just enough of a climb to keep the heart rate up.

Saturday, January 20, 2018

I recommend going clockwise. The first section of the trail is being refinished. Some switchbacks and steeper sections, but overall nice mix of up-and-down to keep it interesting.

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Truly one of the prettiest trails . I consider moderate to hard for being such a short trail. Cannot beat the views up there. The trails are nicely maintained and manicured . The Middle Ridge down to Arroyo is no longer- just dead ends and turn back.

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Beautiful views, brought my dog and enjoyed the day.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Great view at the top! Worth the uphill climb.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Cool hike. Pretty difficult though. I wouldn't recommend to bring big size dogs. It's hard to control them on steep hills.

Friday, September 08, 2017

we actually had trouble figuring out the small parking area pull off for this, so we parked near devil's slide and added that along...the parking area is right before you go into the tunnel coming from north, and this trail was very nice! We saw whales!!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Pretty easy hike with a fabulous payoff of stunning views at the end.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

This is a great short hike. It's about an 1.5 hrs at regular pace. It's mostly tranquil and beautiful. Lots of natural flowers and if it's clear, the view is amazing. It's does provide for some strenuous activities to get you sweating. Very nice hike.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

It's somewhat of a steep trail going up, but very manageable during spring/fall, however, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have walking sticks too. Gorgeous views of the ocean and forest (tree views on the way back.)

Friday, April 21, 2017

One of the best short hikes I've ever been on. There are a few parking spots right before the tunnel. Trail was fairly muddy but that wasn't a big deal. Very low traffic. I saw maybe 5-6 people total the 2 hours I spent there. Amazing view of the coast at the top. Definitely would recommend.