Pecho Coast Trail

Pecho Coast Trail is a 2.3 mile out and back trail located near Avila Beach, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

beach

PLEASE NOTE: Access is by PG&E docent led hikes only. You must reserve thru PG&E as it's on PG&E property (Diablo Canyon).

You must have a guide on this trail, and it's only available on Wednesday and Saturdays with guide.

No trail head here! only harbor police.

There is no trail! Went there today, Harbor Police said it's been gone for years.

Great hike with a beautiful view and a bit of history of Avila and the lighthouse. The trail isn't long, but has some steep climbing and downhills. The docents stop often to point out natural vegetation and fun factoids so you can catch your breathe along the way.

Avila was my favorite place on earth until I was about 15. My aunt and uncle owned 2 little restaurants on the beach. We visited every now and then. I was all over every beach and hill...

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Had a great time! The first part of the hike caught me off guard. It was more strenuous than I thought but I caught my second wind. Great hike! The lighthouse tour was pretty neat.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Great hike, I actually lead docent led hikes out here. lots of history out here, easy hike, lighthouse is beautiful as our the views back at Avila and Shell Beach

Friday, February 03, 2012

The online info was a little misleading.The light house hike is 3.4 miles out and back.Great exercise and great views,with the added bonus of a light house tour for 5.00 .The money goes for maintaining and restoring it.This is also docent lead because of being on P.G.&E. property.Reservations a must.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

The 3.4 mile hike is to the lighthouse. Very cool. The longer one is up and past and across rattlesnake ridge. So there is two different hikes you can go on. Must reserve thru PG&E. It's on PG&E property (diablo canyon). Worth hiking.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010