Learn more

Pebbly Beach Quarry via Trans Catalina Trail

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow Star(9)
Avalon, California

Pebbly Beach Quarry via Trans Catalina Trail is a 14.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Avalon, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Length 14.1 mi Elevation gain 2,627 ft Route type Out & Back
Hiking Nature trips Bird watching Running Beach Views Wild flowers Wildlife No dogs
Waypoints (0)
Photos (70)
Recordings (10)
Completed (37)
Erica Mills
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 4, 2019
Hiking

Most of the way was on a wide fire road and sometimes golf carts would drive by but otherwise we didn’t see anyone on the trail :) lots of wildflowers, some good elevation gain but not overly steep at any one point. Hope to do more of the trans-Catalina trail soon!

View Erica's Recording
Bill Crain
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 4, 2016
First to Review

I did this solo very early the morning after St Patrick's day in 2006 when my brother got married on Catalina. I woke up at daylight and couldn't get my son to go so just took off on Pebbly rd until I found a trail. Strangely no one around until I got to the Trans Catalina Trail and then there were lots of people running. Unknown before I started my little journey I had hiked into a Marathon Route. I gave all the runners plenty of room so no one minded. I eventually came upon some race officials but there was simply nowhere else to go. It was a fantastic hike with incredible breath taking views and difficult climbs. I actually ended up with a participants medallion later that night that I won in a pool game at one of the little local bars. Strange but true. My son really got a kick out of that one...

Daisy Gonzalez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 25, 2020
View Daisy's Recording
Marcelle T
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 5, 2020
View Marcelle's Recording
Jose David Godoy
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 6, 2019
View Jose David's Recording
Mary Bentdahl
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 13, 2018
View Mary's Recording
Byna Sipos
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 10, 2018
View Byna's Recording
michele hight
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 28, 2018
View michele's Recording
Lety Escobar
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 5, 2017
View Lety's Recording