Rainbow Bridge via PCT is a 8.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Hesperia, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 8.3 miles Elevation Gain: 570 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Parking will be on side of the road at entrance to the dam. First stretch of hike is along the dam but you can take the lower PCT at the base along the creek. It will meet up back to Deer Creek entrance lot. Please use trail! There are a couple of side trails from people cutting the switchbacks. PCT is narrow and there are bees. Bring lots of water there is no shade! About 2-3miles after bridge is Deer Creek Hot Springs

The only moderate part of this trail is after you cross the dam at the first incline as you start up the mountain. Everything after that is a walk in the park. If you hike regularly this will be no problem. Awesome place to hike, my dogs and I loved it!

9.0mi, 755ft gained. Took a detour down to the water, which added about 200ft of elevation on the way back up to the PCT. The creek is flowing pretty well and there are several deep, pretty still pools that form in the creek itself that make good swimming spots each with their own sand beach if you can get to them. Lots of graffiti, but I'm not sure if that adds or detracts from the experience. We made it fo rainbow bridge but another 2 or 2.5 mi would have gotten us to Deep Creek Hot Springs. Next time. Didn't cross another person on a Tuesday morning. Winds were very high in the Pass and the IE but most of this hike was in an almost still canyon. The first/last mile, though, was exposed as you crossed the dam.

The long trek across the bridge is the longest and most boring part. Once you are able to get into the dirt the trail drastically improves. You can actually cut out some of the dam by dropping down the backside of it by the stream, but you’d have to make sure you came back up the other side at the end or you’ll miss the trail. You’ll know what I mean when you see it. Rather was perfect. Saw exactly two other people the whole time. Next time I’ll bring some food and take a longer break at the bridge.

Exposure is high. This portion is not fun during the summer. The bridge itself is cool.

Very quiet. Not a lot of people. Take a detour and spend some time next to the creek.

Easy hike that didn’t feel like 8 miles. Watched the sunrise. Will be going again!

Not a bad trail with very nice views. While hiking, a couple military jets came streaking thru the valley which was very cool. I’ve only seen that in Death Valley. The graffiti is rather depressing. Unfortunately, shit bags go into nature also.

the trail is great but the amount of graffiti down there is horrible and embarrassing. unfortunately it is one of the most ghetto looking parts of the Pacific Crest trail.

Easy hike and beautiful views

Tue Apr 30 2019

we did this about 2 weeks ago and it was amazing, it's an easy hike both ways, but watch out a few spots closer to the bridge has been washed out, lots of beautiful views, unfortunately there is lots of graffiti. I dont recommend dogs on it at this time of the year as it's to hot, bring LOTS of water!

Tue Apr 02 2019

Lots of gorgeous wildflowers! The slides nearly eliminate some of the trail. We barely made it past a couple of spots. This was my first hike EVER and I loved being on the PCT. I was a little worried about a few points on the trail because of the rock slides but it was beautiful. Watch out for Poison Oak that hangs over a the trail as you are approaching the bridge. Once you can see the bridge the plants are near and under a few trees on the North side of the trail. Take lots of water it was already pretty hot today.

Sun Mar 24 2019

Today I would give this trail a 5 because tons of wildflowers were blooming all along the trail. It was spectacular having the narrow trail wind among the flowers while looking down on Deep Creek, which was flowing like a river, the entire way. However, any later in the year and it would not be as beautiful. The trail was pretty good but had several areas where you had to watch your step due to rain damage. Planning to come back in the fall or late winter.

Mon Mar 11 2019

Over 8 mile hike. Rocky. Long. Narrow in spots and careful with sliding rocks and terrain. The bridge is the end result and it's pretty cool. The Views of the river are all along the trail. Plenty of photo opps. Terrain wise rated easy, but I was definitely feeling it.

Sat Feb 16 2019

very nice trail along Deep Creek which is roaring after a series of storms in Feb. 2019.

Sat Jan 19 2019

Did this hike with my two dogs. An easy Sad and Depressing portion of the PCT. The great views are disrupted by all the graffiti.

Sun Jan 13 2019

Great and easy trail,lots of beautiful views of water and the mountains

Wed Oct 17 2018

if you want to go to the Deep Creek Hot Springs they are just 2 miles past Rainbow Bridge not on the Pacific Crest Trail. plan to bring a headlamp and a jacket. small dogs hiking behind after dark not recommended due to mountain lion activity.

Fri Sep 07 2018

easy long hike, if you follow this map, the first mile or so is blacktop on top of the dam, very hot in late morning on a sunny day, if you bring Fido protect his feet.

Sat Sep 01 2018

We hiked this around end of April and it was very nice. It’s fairly easy once you get past one steep part by the dam (I think there were easier switchbacks I didn’t try). It follows above the river almost the whole way so you have a really nice view the whole way. My 9 & 10 year old son’s hiked with me, and I carried the 2 year old in a carrier. Once you get to the bridge there are some rocks to the side you can rest and eat lunch at for a bit before turning back (or carrying on through more of the PCT).

Sat May 19 2018

A great hike! We hiked it at about 9:45..... we didn’t quite reach the bridge. The dogs were to tired. So we hiked down to the waters edge and let the dogs swim. By the time we hiked out it was pretty hot. But overall I feel accomplished! We made it! I definitely want to go again and make it to the bridge!

Wed Apr 11 2018

Great scenic trail. Single track on edge of mountain. Terrain is great.