PCT: CA Section H - Crabtree Meadow to Tuolumne Meadow

PCT: CA Section H - Crabtree Meadow to Tuolumne Meadow is a 194.2 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Lone Pine, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

The most beautiful view I have seen in my life. Though the trail is like roller coaster and it is a little crowded...Hiked in from late August to early September in 2017. Weather is mild, but I think the biggest trouble is the thunder storm. They were really scaring and I was under it. Snow pack and fording are fine. Though rain jacket is not a must, I am glad to have it with to feel more comfortable during the rains.

Got it class of 2017. Super challenging with all the snow and river crossings, but an amazing experience that I would do again for sure. Mt. Whitney is a must as well.

Friday, October 14, 2016

the Sierras was the best part of the trail

Saturday, August 02, 2014

The PCT and the JMT are the same trail for the most part along this section. I have done the entire PCT, and this is hands down the best stretch. Expect a grueling workout at high altitude. Deep snowpack hides most of the trail even into mid June. Merciless mosquitoes after the snowmelt. Breathtaking views to say the least. I'd love to hike it again in late September.