PCT: CA Section C - Highway 10 to Highway 15 (Cajon Pass)

PCT: CA Section C - Highway 10 to Highway 15 (Cajon Pass) is a 127.5 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near White Water, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

127.5 miles 20810 feet Point to Point

Some light graffiti.. but it's not distasteful enough to discourage the beauty in nature.. the fall colors were amazing and the trail is nice.. tougher when you go off trail and down by the creek.. great place to go with another person or group..

What a great hike hiked from the highway173 to freeway 15 loved it

It's so over grown and full of thousands of bees. You can't get to the trail from the dam.

Yhe trail through here has been groomed. very nice.

Update: Beware of snakes right now. I've hiked 10-mile stretches of this trail all around Silverwood lake lately and have encountered rattlesnakes twice in the last 3 weeks. The first one gave warning. The snake today did not, I was on top of it before it moved and then it coiled and only rattled about 5-10 seconds. Still don't know how I wasn't bit. I hike with poles and am very cautious. Two other hikers we passed had gone by there within 5 minutes without seeing it. There are parts of this trail that are very narrow, 6-10 inches wide because of the new spring growth. Please be aware!

Love this trail, looking forward to some long distance hikes in the future

I began this trail at the Saddle Dike. It's about a mile walk along a restricted paved road. The trail winds up the side of the mountain at the end of the dike. You can also go down to the creek but be prepared to cross the creek, more than once. The water is cold and I was lucky to have a change of clothes. I walked about a mile along the trail before taking an off trail down to the creek. There are a lot of wildflowers blooming and it was very serene. The trail is very high and narrow, and was even washed out in some areas. The parking area along the road is sketchy. There was broken glass everywhere where cars had been broken into. I went on a Tuesday though so it was mostly deserted.

Read the book "wild" so when we came to visit I had to hike it. Only did part of the trail at the time. I couldn't find any info on it and didn't allow enough to time. It was a nice moderate hike.

I picked up the trail at the Silverwood Recreational Park where there is a free paved parking lot off of Pilot Rock Trail road. You have to head down the paved road about 1/8 of a mile to get onto the trail. Do not take the first trail as that is for off road vehicles, you know you're on the wrong trail when you see tire marks. I headed south on the trail. The PCT trail from here is very narrow and was a little washed out in spots due to recent rain. The trail runs parallel to the 173 highway for 2.5 miles so it's a lot of car noise and not very scenic, unless you enjoy wide dirt plains and cows. Just after 2.5 miles the trail heads into the canyons where it's very quiet and we didn't see any other hikers. After 3.5 miles we got to a peak where we turned around. If we head kept heading south we would have made it to the Dike and the creek side PCT trail where the famous bridge and hot springs are. Overall it was OK. I prefer trails that are far away from roads so it was kind of a disappointment. On the plus side there was very little gain in elevation so it was a leisurely walk in and out. Also, there were still patches of snow in shady areas. Hiked 2/6/16.

We intented to run the Canyon View Loop but couldn't find the loop. So, we ran out and back from the Whitewater Ranger Station to Red Dome. It was a nice easy trail run. It was mostly flat with a slight up-hill on the way to the dome. The creek was running. It was Memorial Day weekend so there were some people out and a couple of backpackers hiking the PCT. There's a lot of sun, so hit the sunscreen. Much of the trail is rock and sand.