Pa'san Ridge Trail is a 7.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Auberry, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 7.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,545 feet Route Type: Loop

My daughter and I did this hike in February. The views were nice and the hike gave us a good workout. This is definitely a hike to do Feb-April when the wildflowers are blooming and everything is green otherwise I think it would be too dry and hot. We did it counterclockwise and it took us about 3 hours to do the 7.8 mile hike.

Did this trail due it being one of the few that are open in my area during this pandemic. This is a lackluster trail to say the least. The views are nonexistent and there is little to no water so definitely load up on water if you are thinking about doing this trail. Go early as there is little to no shade. As is to be expected as you’re one a ridge. I only came across 2-3 streams/puddles that were stagnant. You also have a grueling road walk down to the trailhead as the gate is closed which is a killer on your way back to the car. The only decent thing this trail offered was the view from the bridge. You can make your way down to the water if you make a left once you cross the bridge. But you’re also comforted with signs that say “make your way to higher elevation once you hear sirens” as that means the dam was opened and water will soon be rushing into the area. Along with photos of what it can look like in minutes of being opened.

Go right to left once you cross the bridge. Excellent hike!

closed

It’s closed. Great workout, must be very popular because there was a lot of people.

Great trail, the parking area is closed

I would definitely recommend this trail right now! Perfect weather, clean, gorgeous view of the table top mountain, was actually very impressed. The bridge was fun for my daughter, we loved the bountiful views and sounds of water rushing through the rocks. Great scenery. We took the trail to the right at the fork, it was a little strenuous in some places, but still great. I personally think it's better to get the harder stuff over with in the beginning. The last half was a lot easier, more flatter areas, meadow type areas, and down grades, vs up. The wind coming through the hills when your up that high feels amazing!! Great trail, very well maintained, if you have littles, they'll probably make it to the bridge and back, otherwise it's a very, very long hike for a youngster. Our 6 year old Labradoodle had an absolute blast running around on this trail. Very dog friendly!

Great trail for training. This trail may be challenging for new hikers.

Good trail! Dog friendly if trained and leashed, lots of wild life especially cows in close proximity. Also kid friendly, 8 yr old daughter did it without any issues. Huge amounts of cow poop on and off trail, watch your step! Beautiful views and perfect for a training hike. Picnic tables and bathrooms available at entrance to trail.

Beautiful day hike for a winter day. Cooler temps makes up for the lack of shade. Not too hard, probably an easier trail in the moderate category. Trail well marked and not too steep.

Great trail for a day hike. Just out of the fog from the valley. The trail was good, not to busy. Has a great bench to rest and have s snack. Lovely vistas.

A very popular dog friendly trail that's also shared with bikers, and occasional horseback riders. When you come to the loops fork across from the PGE building, I'd recommend going right. The right path is a much more gradual climb and you get the awesome view of the gorge at the summit more towards the end. Taking the left is definitely much harder, you bump into way more people coming from the usual direction but it's still worth doing once, so you can notice different views that you may over look coming from the easier counter clockwise direction. you have the option of climbing down to the river after the bridge which can be a fun jaunt as well. there are cows that occasionally hang out on the flats portion of the trail.

Great hike. My watched clocked the whole loop to be around 8.25 miles. App said more 8.1 miles. There’s parking and a bathroom right before the trail head. Very easy to follow trail. There are only a few forks in the beginning, but well marked. Starts off at a downhill for about two miles to the bridge , then constant up hill for the next three to four miles. We took a pit stop before the half way point. The first half is more enclosed for sure. My dog and I were able to step to the side for uphill hikers and other dogs easily. At the top we got to see snow from a far. Still a pretty view for winter time, in my opinion. Had two different encounters with numerous cows. We just kept walking and were fine. Second half is more open and felt like a different hike. Definitely took more pictures on the second half than first half. Lots of downhill though. Overall, I would recommend. But be aware newbies might have a hard time the first half. I agree with this being a moderate level hike.

Easy, child friendly, fun! One of my favorites! Beautiful views.

This was a nice hike, but except for the bridge, power plant and a few other views, there was no culminating event or view. It was a decent workout and is definitely just a moderate hike and would probably be a lot better if it was done in the Spring when everything is greener.

Was an awesome trip!! Had lots of fun and was in good company which was probably the best part of the trip. The trail was pretty and easy to walk. Besides the bridge there was a pretty view looking back down..but nothing spectacular. We got back a little later than expected..became dark..which we laughed at. Little hard to navigate at night but the lights from the power plant help direct you back to the bridge. The cows get a little aggressive towards the evening. Mostly towards each other..however you definitely don’t want to get caught up in their head butting. We had to go off trail to get around a large herd. Really had to navigate to get back on the trail without getting lost. It was a fun trip!! Great trail for trail running. Great trail for kids for exploring purposes. I live that there’s a restroom/park area at the trail head!! Makes for a great staging area

First time here. It was amazing. Very good for uphill running. The beginning is awesome and the end let’s you forget that all and say holy crap! Overall great Sunday run!

I went on this trail today and really enjoyed the sights and sounds! It’s so peaceful and I think if you decide to do it you will be glad you did!

One of my favorite day hikes. Regular hikers will enjoy this hike for practice due to multi terrain features, distance, incline and beauty. People who are not regular hikers but are new to hiking, I recommend long distance walking preferably jogging some distance (2-3) miles before attempting as I learned by experience taking friends who aren’t regularly active because the distance and incline can creep up on you really fast. If you’re still up for the challenge for non hikers, I recommend water and sun protection if there is no cloud coverage.

great hike always enjoy exploring the trails.

Tue May 28 2019

Well maintained trail. there was a tree blocking a section, but it was easy to go around. Great with family and our dog.

Sun May 26 2019

past the bridge, there isnt a lot to see. there are a couple spots with nice views of the gorge, but other than that, meh. was pretty warm, parking was tight.

Sat May 11 2019

The recording stopped several times. Not sure why. The trail had some pretty views. Completed the whole loop which came off the Wuh-Ki’o trail.

Sat May 11 2019

The day I went was overcast so I can’t rate the shade, but it did seem plentiful. Bring bug spray there are a lot of flies and mosquitoes. I think this is on the easier side of moderate a really enjoyable walk with not too much strain. And blissfully free of any machinery noise.

Fri May 10 2019