Pa'san Ridge Trail

Pa'san Ridge Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Auberry, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Great trail for horse/mule. Just rode 13 Nov 2017 and cleared fallen trees on trail. Open and ready to ride.

Nice trail close to Fresno were you can bring your dogs. The wildflowers are nice in the spring.

Two trees down across the trail.

This is a great hike to do early in the year while it's still cool and when the greenery and wildflowers start popping up. I've done it counterclockwise but while we were doing it, we were thinking clockwise would have been better.

Decent trail with views of the surrounding mountains and the river gorge. Light vegetation, mostly dry grass and oak trees. The only wildlife we encountered were the numerous lizards on the trail, the occasional hawk, and fish in the river. The fish were actually pretty damn big. Lightly trafficked at the time, and the whole loop can be done in 3-4 hours at a good pace.

long trail with some scenery. wild cattle and beautiful spring flowers. most definitely an all day thing.

Hiked early in the morning & glad I did! As I was leaving multiple groups were starting the trail.

Definitely longer than 7.6 miles. I would recommend going clockwise.

Trail seems a bit longer than posted with the 2.2 to the gorge . Trail was busy today lots of mountain bikes the trail is pretty good bring plenty of water and enjoy the scenery.

If your planning to do thePa'san trail in the San Joaquin Gorge be prepared and take either extra water or water purifying tablets. You may encounter some nice streams to replenish you water supply. We took our kids ages ranging from 11 to 9 years and they managed the trail just fine. Since this was the first hike of the year we were a bit out of shape but very glad we did it. Great scenery and the weather was excellent. Start early so you don't catch the afternoon heat. Enjoy!

Today this hike was assume! Cool temps and an abundance of wildflowers made it a wonderful hike.

Great trail, perfect in spring time. We attempted to do this in the summer time and it was way too hot, but in the spring everything is green, wild flowers are blooming, it's nice and cool (at least this year). Each time we started, we walked down the road that leads to the power plant and there is a sign leading you to the trail to the bridge, this knocks off a couple miles I believe because for us it was just over 7 miles, but going back up the road is a little tough. There is a covered group picnic type area, with a metal building and porta potties, and a small patch to park adjacent to that. We will do it again.

Excellent trail! Agree with prior review - distance is more like 8-9 miles at least instead of the 7.6 miles posted here. Please be aware. Also would like to add - DO NOT DO THIS TRAIL IF YOU DO NOT HAVE TIME. I recently finished a hike at 743 pm (sun set time 717 pm - but you know there is light even after that). I was stopped in track as there was a herd of cow/cattle ahead probably wild and they were staring at me (had calves also). I waited but they were looking at me. Finally I made some noise and made them move away but as I moved ahead happy that I can move on I saw a large Mountain Lion (120-150 pounds) behind the herd likely after the calves. I was scared and scampering to find a stick as I had nothing in my hands - just a water bottle and phone. I didn't have to face it but I made a decision I am not going to hike this trail alone and never close to dusk time. I couldn't believe as I had heard they are rare etc. but apparently they come out at dusk and that's why they are rare. Also 2 years ago there was one who even came into Woodward park.