Pa'san Ridge Trail

Pa'san Ridge Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Auberry, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Hiked early in the morning & glad I did! As I was leaving multiple groups were starting the trail.

Definitely longer than 7.6 miles. I would recommend going clockwise.

Trail seems a bit longer than posted with the 2.2 to the gorge . Trail was busy today lots of mountain bikes the trail is pretty good bring plenty of water and enjoy the scenery.

If your planning to do thePa'san trail in the San Joaquin Gorge be prepared and take either extra water or water purifying tablets. You may encounter some nice streams to replenish you water supply. We took our kids ages ranging from 11 to 9 years and they managed the trail just fine. Since this was the first hike of the year we were a bit out of shape but very glad we did it. Great scenery and the weather was excellent. Start early so you don't catch the afternoon heat. Enjoy!

Today this hike was assume! Cool temps and an abundance of wildflowers made it a wonderful hike.

Great trail, perfect in spring time. We attempted to do this in the summer time and it was way too hot, but in the spring everything is green, wild flowers are blooming, it's nice and cool (at least this year). Each time we started, we walked down the road that leads to the power plant and there is a sign leading you to the trail to the bridge, this knocks off a couple miles I believe because for us it was just over 7 miles, but going back up the road is a little tough. There is a covered group picnic type area, with a metal building and porta potties, and a small patch to park adjacent to that. We will do it again.

Excellent trail! Agree with prior review - distance is more like 8-9 miles at least instead of the 7.6 miles posted here. Please be aware. Also would like to add - DO NOT DO THIS TRAIL IF YOU DO NOT HAVE TIME. I recently finished a hike at 743 pm (sun set time 717 pm - but you know there is light even after that). I was stopped in track as there was a herd of cow/cattle ahead probably wild and they were staring at me (had calves also). I waited but they were looking at me. Finally I made some noise and made them move away but as I moved ahead happy that I can move on I saw a large Mountain Lion (120-150 pounds) behind the herd likely after the calves. I was scared and scampering to find a stick as I had nothing in my hands - just a water bottle and phone. I didn't have to face it but I made a decision I am not going to hike this trail alone and never close to dusk time. I couldn't believe as I had heard they are rare etc. but apparently they come out at dusk and that's why they are rare. Also 2 years ago there was one who even came into Woodward park.

I see a lot of variation in distances posted for this trail. I think this is a 9.8 mile hike. From the parking area to the bridge is 2.2, out and back. Once you cross the bridge and get to the trail head, Pa'san Ridge Trail, it's a 7.6 mile loop. I would recommend going as early in the year as possible to enjoy cooler weather. We hiked counter clockwise, which I would recommend. Lots of people on the trail, hiking, biking, on horseback, and lots of dogs.

Pretty basic hike but for January, it was great. The hike from the lot to the gorge was mostly downhill till you cross the bridge. We took the counterclockwise route which climbs gradually for a couple miles. Because the trail winds in different directions throughout the hills you get different views of the surrounding hills and peaks off in the distance. The downhill trail was a similar distance to the uphill but seemed steeper in places. We attacked the trail at a very casual pace and managed to make it back to the lot in four hours. Not sure of the moderate rating, I’d probably lean a little more towards easy, however, if you consider the distance then I suppose the moderate rating could be justified. The trail was very busy this day…lots of mountain bikes...all of which were going clockwise.

The river was beautiful! It took us about 4 hours to complete the hike and we would definitely do it again. Great if you just want to get out for a few hours and it was a good mix of incline and coasting.

We had a great time today. We only walked to the bridge and back. My 5 year old and twin 3 yr olds did great.! It was a quick in & out for the littles.!

I have to do this hike in the spring. Great October hike but green grass in spring would be awesome.