Parker Mesa Overlook Trail

Parker Mesa Overlook Trail is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Topanga, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Awesome ocean views, great picnic area, pretty canyon views This is a great hike from the Trippet Ranch in Topanga State Park to the Parker Mesa Overlook. The first section of the trail meanders through a lovely oak grove with lush green grass. Above Trippet Ranch, the trail traverses the ridgeline between Topanga and Santa Ynez Canyons, with views of giant sandstone slabs and the ocean peaking out between the folds of the mountains. The vista from the Parker Mesa Overlook is stunning. You can see all of the LA basin laid out before you, the snow capped San Gabriel Mountains to the north, Catalina Island to the south, and the crescent shaped coastline of Santa Monica to the east.

This is my go to trail when I just need to get out of the house.

This is one of my favorites. Last time I hiked it was 3/19 and when I got to the top the entire ocean view was covered in clouds so it looked like I was on top of the clouds! I started late and got back to the parking lot later than I wanted to. The whole trail is about 6 miles and pretty easy but there's some incline so allow yourself a few hours. Parking is available on the street before you enter the park so you don't have to pay.

i was scrolling through the list, looking for a new trail, when I saw that this one was labeled easy. Having done it several times, I didnt recall it being that easy so I did it again. It is easy if you hike a lot but given that it is 6 miles RT, about half of which is without shade, and that there are significant ascents and descents, I would rate it as moderate. It is certainly easier than coming up the other side to Parker Mesa but not a walk in the park. :-)

Great views

This is one of my favorite trails in LA. Part of it is on fire roads so it's not like being in the backwoods but it's a good incline and one of my favorite views of LA.

I love this trail!!! The views are amazing!