Paradise Meadow Trail

Paradise Meadow Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Old Station, California that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from July until October.

Did Hat Creek up to Paradise Meadow and then up to Terrace and Shadow Lakes, Have done the hike before, but turned my sons and my daughter's boyfriend on to it. Great hike, climbed 75 stories in 3.1 miles. Stunning vistas as you get past Paradise Meadow. I am 69 and kept up with my 29 year old sons, they let me rest on the way up! Shadow Lake will take your breath away, it is so beautiful. Next to Broke Off and Kings Creek , my favorite hike in the park and I have done 85% of the trails since 1974.

This was a nice moderate hike easily marked. Meadow was beautiful but lots of kids and people came at the end and took away from that. No worries tho. Also on the way back I split off and took the trail up to one of the lakes back there. Nice hike for sure.

My first visit to Lassen. I chose this hike so that I'd have time to explore the rest of the park as well. So glad I did! Beautiful all the way up to the meadow, lots of wildflowers (early July), waterfalls, butterflies & dragonflies, too.

We stopped here on our way to the 3 lakes - it’s beautiful and there were waterfalls, streams and tons of greenery and wildflowers.

Beautiful meadow, creek full of water, very peaceful

Beautiful and peaceful! A wonderful hike in a volcanic environment. Saw three Mule Deer, a Dark Eyed Junco, and a Steller's Jay whilst hiking around 11A. It was nice to take in the waterfall and creek along the way - some boiling and all! Bring a snack or lunch as there are some nice logs to sit and take in the view. :-)

Thursday, August 10, 2017

great hike... pretty steep in places. I had an 8 year old and a 2 year old on my back but it was doable...well worth the climb

Monday, July 03, 2017

Paradise Meadow was stunning. Still mostly snow covered. Trail was a bit challenging to stay on due to snow and fallen trees, but still well worth the effort.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Hiked this on 6/18/17, Lots of snow after halfway up. Snowshoes or crampons would have been nice, or at least a ski pole. Great temps, would love to go when there is less snow to see the meadows.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

beautiful!!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

This is a great hike in early June. Main road was still closed but we walked in on the road to the trailhead. There was still snow about halfway up so if you go at this time of year it is recommended to wear good hiking boots. Beautiful trail with a lot of rushing water from snowmelt. Highly recommended!

Friday, April 10, 2015

The hike goes through some beautiful pieces of forest along the way and then you are rewarded at the end with a grand view of the meadow with running streams going through it.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

This one's right in the middle of Lassen NP and easy to get to. It's a straightforward jaunt through the forest until you get to a big grassy meadow, surrounded by hills, with a stream running through it; it's one of those trails that deserves it's name.

recorded beautiful little hike