Paradise Lake Trail

Paradise Lake Trail is a 15.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Truckee, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

An overnight backpacking trip along the Pacific Coast Trail in Truckee, California. Paradise Lake is a classic Sierra Nevada lake with gorgeous sunsets and a pristine lake full of trout. This overnight backpacking trip is easily accessible from Highway 80 and follows parts of the Pacific Crest Trail in the Tahoe National Forest.

phenomenal experience. can't wait to do it again

Did this trip as a mid week, 2 nighter. My girlfriend and I had the lake to ourselves which was sweet. Overall the trip was great, we did the warren lake loop as a day hike which was fun but lots of elevation/not for the faint of heart.

Only complaint I have is that there were no signs of trout in paradise lake! I brought my gear but didn't see as much as a minnow. I did see some big ones jump in warren lake though, would have tried my luck there if I had my rod on the day hike.

The hike was fun but there was so many mosquitoes. There is plenty of camp spots at the lake but like I said the mosquitoes are bad except around noon and late at night. Snow wasn't bad on the trail, it's pretty easy to follow the footsteps in the snow when the trail is covered.

This hike was great. A buddy and I spent a couple extras days up here and the surrounding area hiking castle peak and basin. Proceeded down to paradise to camp for the night before visiting Warren early on in the day then rock climbing up into devils oven. (Much more difficult then anticipated). From
There we hiked up and out of devils oven and found the Warren lake trail witch we used to loop back around the backside of basin and castle peak before finding our way back to our car across from boreal

Monday, October 10, 2016

Loved this hike! It was pretty easy getting to Paradise Lake. Not too many signs on the way but when you need to turn right there is a sign on a tree. There was a good amount of people camping at the lake. Weather was beautiful but very cold at night and early morning. The way back the trail was a little harder due to more uphills but the switch backs were nice. Great views. I would do this hike again in the future.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Fun out n back day hike. Easy trail and the lake was amazing. Prepare for a 2 mile uphill grind on the return from the lake, so fuel up before leaving Paradise.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Beautiful, well worth the nice 6 mile hike in. The lake and surrounding area is gorgeous! Just bring a face net or bug spray for the last 2.5 miles in and out. The bugs eat you alive.