Paradise Falls Trail

Paradise Falls Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Thousand Oaks, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The first part of the trail follows Moonridge trail looking down upon Indian Creek. The trail then drops down steeply into an area if volcanic rock with a spectacular 70 foot waterfall plunging into a large pool. The return leg of the loop is an easy meandering trail along the banks of Indian creek, with a number of lovely picnic spots along the way. You will be surprised that there is such a nice setting amongst the suburban sprawl.

Beautiful views, lots of wildlife. Definitely not an easy hike, there are several steep inclines.

The falls are gorgeous! The teepee was an unexpected surprise. Great easy/moderate hike.

Lovely. If you go early most of the trail doesn’t get direct sunlight. Towards the end though the parking lot feels like 1000 miles away even though it says
.52 miles. Lots of rabbits and lizards! We even saw raccoon tracks.

Nice, light hike. Great for after work and for sunsets. Highly trafficked, so ideal for groups.

one of my favorite hikes here in socal

Great hike! Not long, bring the kids!

Perfect hike for introducing your kids to the wilderness been taking my daughter there since she was of walking age . Good times

Calm and beautiful on a Sunday evening!

Fairly easy hike through beautiful terrain. Our dog loved it :)

Awesome views and easy to navigate. Not much shade along trails until you hit the teepee and the waterfall. Arrived around 11 AM on a Monday and did not run into very many people. Bring water and sunscreen! And be sure to pick up after your four legged friends.

Not much shade until you hit the waterfall but overall, it’s a fun hike!

Great trail! Relaxing waterfall and scenery. They hike back up was a bit challenging. :) Bring water and a hat. Very limited shade.

Fun Hike! Bring your hat, sun glasses and sunscreen not very much shade on the trail. kid friendly! We brought our 3 1/2 year old daughter. She loved it and walked the whole way.

Great views. Fairly easy terrain if you take the path that overlooks the waterfall back, otherwise it's a decent uphill walk.

I love it. It’s a good morning exercise trail

Fun hike! There are some good hills (a little steep) and the trails are well marked. We went with a baby in a baby carrier and a five year old and it was perfectly strenuous without being overwhelming.

Fun hike, cool waterfall. Rattlesnakes out.

One of the best in the area; kid-friendly as well. Try to come on a weekday morning, early, for the best shot at solitude and quiet.

Cannot go into the water due to contamination. This was unfortunate, but a pretty place.

My boyfriend and I loved it!! beautiful hike and waterfall. We got surprise when we saw ducks at the fall. Highly recommend!!!!

Road wide enough for a BOB stroller. brought 2 babies along ...they loved it

My friend and I enjoyed this hike! It’s easy and falls are beautiful. Lots of people hike this so parking can become difficult to find. I recommend arriving earlier, doesn’t offer much shade until you get close to the falls. Great for bikes and dogs.

Nice trail with a little waterfall. The way out is all uphill. There’s picnic tables if you keep going past waterfall.

Beautiful walk to the top and bottom of waterfall. A lot of traffic on the weekends and can get super hot. Take extra water.

The waterfall and creek contain urban run off which is unfortunate. Lots of people too.

Went here with my 9month old and husband. I carried our baby in a kangaroo pack. We had never been here before and thought we’d give it a try. There are trail maps for those looking for a bit more adventure. I went on a Wednesday at about 3pm and there was a moderate amount of people. Along our trail to paradise falls there was plenty of beautiful scenery to look out at. We ended up walking down to the waterfall and made our way back the same way we went in.

Easy hike, great trails

Awesome hike, great trails, spend 3 hours Great directions and signs to follow lots of wildlife rabbits , birds, a must hike for every levels, during the spring and summer bring lots of water,

This is great for a quick hike/trail run. Especially if you take the longer trail.

Just Beautiful!!