Paradise Falls Trail

Paradise Falls Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Thousand Oaks, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The first part of the trail follows Moonridge trail looking down upon Indian Creek. The trail then drops down steeply into an area if volcanic rock with a spectacular 70 foot waterfall plunging into a large pool. The return leg of the loop is an easy meandering trail along the banks of Indian creek, with a number of lovely picnic spots along the way. You will be surprised that there is such a nice setting amongst the suburban sprawl.

Went here with my 9month old and husband. I carried our baby in a kangaroo pack. We had never been here before and thought we’d give it a try. There are trail maps for those looking for a bit more adventure. I went on a Wednesday at about 3pm and there was a moderate amount of people. Along our trail to paradise falls there was plenty of beautiful scenery to look out at. We ended up walking down to the waterfall and made our way back the same way we went in.

Easy hike, great trails

Awesome hike, great trails, spend 3 hours Great directions and signs to follow lots of wildlife rabbits , birds, a must hike for every levels, during the spring and summer bring lots of water,

This is great for a quick hike/trail run. Especially if you take the longer trail.

Just Beautiful!!

Very crowded on a Sunday morning, which was to be expected for such a nice trail that wasn’t too difficult and you are rewarded with the waterfall at the bottom!

Rather easy , even for an active senior..

Fun trail, but heavily trafficked.

Great hike, trail is well marked and we'll maintained; there is also a water fountain for drinking water near a shaded area. However, very crowded at times and you cant jump in the water due to contamination. Beware of rattle snakes. on the plus side there are a few tables for lunch near the falls.

Nice regional hiking park with modestly improved trails and some educational facilities. Several access roads allow nearly direct insertion to several points in park. Sewage treatment plant is located about 3/4 mile downstream of Paradise Falls. A lot of elevation change so I would rate this one as moderate. Be in good health when attempting!

Great trail Santa Rose to T.O n back

Great hike beautiful water falls, we did 6 miles from Santa Roses to T.O, and back very enjoyable a must hike

Went last Saturday, with my wife,our 4, 8 and 21 year olds and our friends who had a 9 year old. We had a great time did the loop and came back up Indian Wells trail. The kids did great with the inclines. Beautiful waterfall and not too muddy which was a plus with the kids. Loved all the ducks down in the creek beds. It was a little crowded but I guess that is a good thing see people out hiking and enjoying nature!

Short, easy trail with a beautiful waterfall at the end. Weekends get pretty busy so if you want to get there and be alone and not have a million kids screaming, get there bright and early!

Cute hike to a cute waterfall.

Great hike. Just remember that what goes down must come up. Be sure to read the signs.

The waterfall is gorgeous today.☺

Nice hike with lots of ups and downs. The waterfall was really pretty tucked in a shady canyon. I can’t imagine doing this one in any other season but winter—it would be blazing hot with no shade! My husband remembers hiking this on field trips as a kid in the brutal sun. We had a great time doing a hike outside of Utah on a pretty, sunny, winter day.

Loved it!

The falls were beautiful. Lots of ducks swimming in the pool. Even picnic areas and a bathroom at the horse trailer. It was a short walk andWith Little Hills.

Nice suburban hike through a handful of different California landscapes. I have hiked this route many times with my family (who live nearby) and would recommend it for anyone even remotely in shape. The stair climb up from the falls can take a little wind out of you but for a quick adventure, definitely worth it.

Take a virtual hike to Paradise Falls and see what you're in for: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=UhNAvxygc8g

Great hike. Awesome views. Took the long way down. Passed lizard rock. Long loop passed the the water treatment plant. Free parking.

Such an amazing find! The road to these trails dead ends at the end of a neighborhood, and boom! You're in. The hike to the waterfall is downward, but there are signs that get you right to it. The teepee is super cool, and the wind whistles through it and back out. It's way worth it to go! It's gorgeous.

I hike the trails with my kids. we love it!

Go check out this hidden gem with your whole family!

Absolutely beautiful, enjoyable trail. Some up and down but nothing drastic; mostly pretty level, well maintained trail with plenty of signs to keep you on track. Waterfall is breathtaking! Do it!!

Really enjoyed this hike.

Nice easy hike. The dogs loved it.

NOT SUITABLE FOR ROAD BIKE. I've hiked this trail before and it is pretty rugged including some small water crossings. I was surprised when looking for a road bike path that this was the first result near me!