Paradise Creek Trail

Paradise Creek Trail is a 5.5 mile out and back trail located near Three Rivers, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from October until May.

Distance: 5.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,007 feet Route Type: Out & Back

It was an interesting hike. you have to cross the river a few times. We didn't reach the end of the trail but on the way back we ran into a Momma bear and a baby bear. It was scary but cool at the same time. We went there mid October

The real stars of this trail are the newts, but you have to know when and where to look.

There is a lot of bugs and the trial gets hard to follow. The view was beautiful.

Hard to find the real trail at night me Chris mike Anthony ant jr.

Great if you are camping at buckeye flat and want to just go a little ways to one of the two swimming holes. After that trail is more overgrown and doesn’t have views or water like other options in the park.

Absolutely horrible of a trail. We tried to get away from the more heavily trafficked hiking trails with this one, but everything was so overgrown and there were a HORRIBLE amount of bugs. We had to keep moving as fast as we can because if we stood still for even 30 seconds we would be consumed by bugs. Over 3 hours on this trail and we were the only ones there. There are two river crossings, which look to be fine, except there are no stepping stones or anything of the sort to cross on. We ended up having to wade knee-deep through water four times (two river crossings, plus both there and back). The so-called “waterfall” at the end is the saddest excuse for a waterfall we’ve seen. Barely a trickle of water over a rock, while other parts of the hike had gushing water. Do yourself and favor and avoid this trail at all costs.

hiked on an overcast day in May. It was a fresh day, it got chilly towards the end. A paved road from the hospital rock parking lot leads to the buckeye campground and the trailhead starts there. There is a wooden bridge to cross over and beautiful views all around. Very lush and green, and the water was roaring. When we got to the 2.3 mi mark the river was too high to cross without submerging our boots in the water. There was a path were an eroded/overgrown trail could still be followed from the left side of the river. There are a few slick rocks to watch out for and plenty of bushwhacking. We explored the overgrown path but decided to turn around since the weather was showing signs of rain. we headed over to the River view for some burgers. Great hike :-)

Loved this hike and wish we could have taken it all the way to the end. We crossed one bridge and two tiny creeks. But then we got to a large creek crossing at about a mile and a half and we turned back. The crossing was too deep, wide, and slippery. With the water running so fast, we decided to not even risk it. But the trail was beautiful with lots of shade, stellar views of the river, and best of all, no people. I want to try this again in the early fall with the snowmelt over. Off the beaten path and highly recommended.

Great trail for beginners looking to stretch their legs without too much hassle. A large trail sign at the entrance to Buckeye Flats campground marks the beginning of the trail. Nearby bathrooms are available when campground is open.

My husband and I went on this hike today March 24th and it was beautiful the river was huge lots of water sun was shining all day it was absolutely perfect.

Sun Nov 25 2018

Great little secluded trail to hike for the day. Literally no one else on the trail. No views on portions of the trail but great relaxing hike to take with some friends.

Sat Nov 24 2018

As a late November hike, I knew that the chances for the waterfall to be running was slim. It was just a trickle, but hiking along the river was nice. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with this hike. It rained a couple of days before and was very green and mossy. I saw lots of different trees and critters. It is an easy trail with two creek crossings. Being that there was no waterfall, I kept second guessing whether I was at the waterfall site. Like another reviewer of this trail, I kept following the social trail past the assumed waterfall location. I soon turned around after confirming the mileage was too far and that the trail was starting to become overgrown. On the hike back, hikers will be graced with beautiful views of Moro Rock. I do recommend this trail, and look forward to doing it again for wild flower season!

Thu Jun 21 2018

Honestly I wouldn't recommend this trail and would advise opting for another trail in the Sequoia National Park. The trail itself is relatively easy until it's not. There is no real viewpoint to indicate the end of the trail, so my boyfriend and I went farther than we were supposed to as there is a faint trail and the map indicated we were going the right way. If you do this, the trail gets incredibly sketchy and there were times where we seemed to be at risk. The trail is also incredibly overgrown and we found both plants and ticks on us when we were done with the hike. There are many other hiking trails in Sequoia that I would argue are much more worthwhile than this trail.

Wed May 16 2018

Great, easy trail! We went in May, when the wild flowers were in bloom. Stunning!!!

Tue Feb 20 2018

We went up to check out this trail and loved it. We hit the trail and were excited to find snow had just started to fall. It was so pretty and peaceful.

Thu Jan 04 2018

I would say this hike was moderate. We took our whole family. Ages 7-40. The younger kids had a harder time. Fun creeks and some wildlife. I’m sure in the spring you will find more wild life. We went in the winter.

Sun Dec 10 2017

Went in early December. I would rate moderate not easy. You have to cross two rocky streams to keep on the trail. The farther you go the harder it gets. The trail was beautiful!

Sun Dec 03 2017

We went in late fall. Loved it. Look forward to doing it in spring.

Sun Dec 03 2017

Love this trail!!!

Wed Jul 05 2017

Really great trail. Using the app to find it was a little difficult. Most people start in the hospital rock parking lot and it doesn't really tell you where to start. If you walk the road directly right of hospital rock about a half mile back you'll come to a camp site and that's where the actual trail starts. The trail had some really awesome pools to swim in, even a couple rock slides. We saw a huge bear and a couple bucks while out there. Be aware that as you get deeper on the trail the more over grown it is and poison oak is everywhere. We had a great day out there and will be going back.

Mon Apr 24 2017

Been to this location year round spring ,summer ,fall, winter . best time ever is probably during spring when everything is in bloom waters are flowing Be careful !!!though the water is extra frigid would no recommend anyone swimming in there at that time. summer time go for it best place to take the kids to go tubing and spending a lazy afternoon.

Mon Apr 10 2017

Beautiful and fairly easy trail. We did turn back at the halfway point, which was a river crossing that was flowing a little to fast for my liking. Would definitely like to hike it again all the way when the water doesn't run so swiftly.

Sun Mar 26 2017

Loved this trail. Absolutely beautiful ever changing views. Kid friendly. We took a 7 year old and packed in our 9 month old. They enjoyed every moment. Lots of breath taking views. Lots of deer, wild flowers, red salamanders, butterflies. Heard birds singing and water flowing the entire way.